Why can't I set timers for some shows?

Started by tonymy01, July 24, 2008, 02:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonymy01

Why is the ICEtv web not giving me any series recording options for "The X-files" (on TenHD)?
I can easily set it up as a favourites, favourites works just fine, but the only option I have for recording is a single "Record"  button in the TVGuide view on the web.   When I attempt to create a recording anyway (despite me really wanting a series recording for it), nothing gets uploaded to the Wiz and no red dots show up in the widget or web for this show.   I can get the yellow hearts, but who cares about them!
I have had issues like this in the past occassionally, not quite sure how I solved them but this has now happened 2 weeks in a row for me and due to this issue I have to manually set a timer on the Beyonwiz itself (shock horror!).   Last week I wasn't at home all week either, so had to use Wiztimerd to set the timer instead.   
I really don't want to resort to third party solutions for uploading my timers to the Beyonwiz if I can avoid it (as the wiztimerd method requires to reboot the box which then means it will go to standby after the next timer fires & finishes).

edit:
OK, I dug around some more....  this is already part of a series recording, but for some reason was set to first runs.   This needs to be made more clear next to the "record" button I think, as it was buried further down the page in the black box area that has part of the program description and blends into the next entries, see here (this cap is taken after I got it going, but indicates the "blending" I am referring to):
http://tonyspage.abock.de/beyonwiz/XFILES.PNG
Regards

Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).