What's on this week, coming soon, recommendations etc

Started by simoncasey, January 11, 2016, 04:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simoncasey

I'm getting a bit confused with the various coming soon and what's on lists.

We have been getting Coming in 2016 emails and no longer seem to get what's on this week or this weekend.
The Coming in 2016 email lists two shows on Thursday and the rest are all coming soon but don't seem to make it to the coming soon part of the app.
The coming soon list in the app seems to be improving week by week, but what about all of those in the new coming in 2016 email?
Recommendations in the app now just seems to be a short list of the coming soon list and no longer based on this week?
Also, the pictures in recommendations aren't appearing again

Are we no longer getting recommendations for the week ahead?

prl

Both weekly "What's On" emails so far this year have been generic "Coming in 2016" emails.

The first one (4 Jan) had the same items at that week's Android App Recommendations. This week's "Coming in 2016" email is yet to be reflected in the App Recommendations. The App's Recommendations so far are stuck on the 4 Jan list, but with all the image links in them having been broken since Thursday. :(

A recent post from John suggests that the "Coming in 2016" emails are because of the paucity of good new programming during the Silly Season (aka non-ratings).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

This really is very confusing.  I got an email, "Ice Picks - coming in 2016" which prompted me to write a post in another thread http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/icetv-epg-content/5/new-shows/2559/msg26015#msg26015

I was asked a question about it, and as I wasn't in front of the computer with the email, I thought I'd (first) find it on the IceTV webpage, then as I couldn't, on the iPhone app.  I rarely look on the iPhone app and now discovered that it has a long list of "coming soon" which seems to bear no resemblance to the one on line and/or the email I just received

Shouldn't they all be the same?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Carljh

You might want to check the trailer you have for 'The Bridge' on Thursday.. The show you are advertising is a joint Swedish/Danish production and the trailer doesn't look too much like Sweden or Denmark to me - think it is from an American TV show of the same name.

Tezza007

Hey. thanks for that. I didn't realise it was a foreign language version. Stuff that

prl

Quote from: Tezza007 on January 12, 2016, 10:42:03 AM
Hey. thanks for that. I didn't realise it was a foreign language version. Stuff that

The Danish/Swedish version of The Bridge (Bron/Broen) is the original. There have been both US (The Bridge) and UK (The Tunnel) remakes. In The Tunnel, the Øresund Bridge is replaced by the Channel Tunnel, and it's a French/British thing. In the US series it's the US/Mexican border.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: Tezza007 on January 12, 2016, 10:42:03 AM

I think you'll find that the foreign language version persists while the US version has been stuffed (axed).
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Tezza007

Saw the Tunnel, that was what I was thinking of. Might have missed the US version unless it was on since June, in which case I'm yet to get to it  :P

prl

I also thought that The Tunnel was good, but I thought the Danish/Swedish The Bridge was better (big Scandi noir fans in this household). But it sounds like you don't need any more stuff to record. ;)

The US version of The Bridge was first shown in 2013 & 2014 (series 1 & 2 respectively) in the US. Not sure when it was shown in Australia.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: Tezza007 on January 13, 2016, 11:22:51 AMSaw the Tunnel, that was what I was thinking of.

And I think you're in luck there. Last I heard there was a second series of The Tunnel in production.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Tezza007

prl, no such thing as too much, that's why God invented larger hard drives  :)
I'll see if I can find the US version

Thanks raymondjpg, hopefully it's as good as the first

raymondjpg

Quote from: raymondjpg on January 13, 2016, 03:15:27 PM
Quote from: Tezza007 on January 13, 2016, 11:22:51 AMSaw the Tunnel, that was what I was thinking of.

And I think you're in luck there. Last I heard there was a second series of The Tunnel in production.

The Tunnel: Sabotage starting on Sky Atlantic 12 April. I haven't checked to see if and when it might find its way to Australian TV.

Tezza007

Keep your eye on Coming Soon

Hang, on, forget that, it's not an SBS documentary

prl

In the Web version of Coming Soon for the ACT, You're Back in the Room is listed as showing on the "Community" broadcaster, one of which the ACT does not have. The ACT IceGuide guide correctly shows it as on WIN and WIN HD.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use