Author Topic: Can't log into my IceBox2  (Read 4416 times)

Offline Bigboboz

• View Profile
Can't log into my IceBox2
« on: April 20, 2010, 12:07:54 AM »
I bought a new modem/router to replace a dying one and it didn't like my old ssid so had to change all my wireless device settings.

Now I have to log into my old icebox2 but just can't do it.

Done the change my network ip to 192.168.1.2 but get limited connectivity and 192.168.1.1 does not work. My old modem (probably a router ages ago) used 192.168.1.1 as the default IP so I may have changed it but bugger if I can remember. It's actually connected to a Beyonwiz H1 these days, have tried to see what settings this has to see if I can see the IP but no joy. With DHCP enables, the IP details are blank, with it Disabled it's 192.168.0.1 (gateway that is) with IP address 192.168.0.100. These are probably defaults rather than helpful.

Any hints/tricks to finding a network IP? Let me know if you need more detail.

Thanks,
Rob

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Can't log into my IceBox2
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 07:08:42 AM »
I know this won't help you now, but I changed my router to 192.168.0.2 (was default of 192.168.0.1) in order to avoid clashes with the SLUG when doing a firmware recovery type mode on the SLUG where it is hard coded to 192.168.0.1 I believe. 

Your solution may be to use a LAN cable from PC straight to ICEBOX rather than going thru your router to get the ICEbox setup, if it has DHCP enabled somewhere on it....
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline Bigboboz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 07:25:55 PM »
Thanks Tony. Should have added, I switched off the wireless on my laptop and plugged the laptop via a cable directly into the icebox2. Was expecting to see the connection immediately and be up and running. No such luck. I've tried a IP scanner and no joy there either.

Setup is router/modem wireless connection to the icebox2 and then lan cable to the H1.

I'm guessing I need a connection to put a standard firmware onto the box...just had a thought, might look for the reset button. That should force it back to 192.168.1.1

Will give that a go.
Rob

Offline Bigboboz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 10:54:37 PM »
Pushed the reset button, held it down for 10sec, held it down for 30sec

Hasn't helped

This new modem has been nothing but grief. In addition to this problem, my vista laptops don't see the xp folder shares, but get there if I type the address and can no longer see my popcornhour share (media player) and the bittorrent on the popcornhour no longer downloads.

Is this enough grounds to return the rotten thing?

Thanks,
Rob

Offline brianh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 06:16:37 PM »
You can often see the Icebox2 if you connect the cable from your router to the WAN port on the Icebox2- the WAN port is permanent DHCP so it should pick up an IP address irrespective of whether it is set to a static IP.

Offline pread

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 09:16:58 PM »
I have a very similar problem with my IceBox2. A few months ago I changed my main modem/router, used the same IP address range as per the IceBox2 (i.e. 192.168.1.x) and everything was fine, with the IceBox2 itself having a fixed IP of 192.168.1.103. My modem/router then started developing faults, and I got a replacement. Around that time, I could no longer connect to the IceBox2 - I don't know exactly, as I normally only connect about once a week. Basically, I just can't see it, wireless or wired. I have tried using IP addresses 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.2 as per the setup guide, I've also tried connecting vian the WAN port to see if DHCP would assign a new IP. I've tried two different modem/routers, nothing. I've tried resetting the modem, but no lights flash or anything like that. In fact, when I power the IceBox2 on, the WAN & four LAN lights come on immediately, and never blink or flash while booting up, nor do they change if I plug/unplug network cables to/from the back.

Is my IceBox2 stuffed?

Thanks, Paul.

You can often see the Icebox2 if you connect the cable from your router to the WAN port on the Icebox2- the WAN port is permanent DHCP so it should pick up an IP address irrespective of whether it is set to a static IP.

Offline pread

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM »
I have resurrected my IceBox 2 with a Jaycar MP3480 5V 3A power  pack, cost $21.95. Plugged it in, and away she went !

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function seo_social_bookmarks()