Scheduled programs never change from queued to record

Started by thackos, February 22, 2008, 10:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thackos

All of my IceTV Remote scheduled programs are showing as "Q" or queued, but never change to "REC" or record.

Programs that I have manually set to record on Vista-32 MCE (Client is PIMP 2.0.0.16) are not recognised by IceTV Remote.

I have done a full PIMP uninstall/reinstall and a full program scan/add listings to channel.

Any thoughts?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Sometimes a “Record” task can get corrupted when it's cached on the hard drive. If this happens it is necessary to clear out all the cached tasks.

To do this:

• Close the IceTV Interactive application (right click on the icon in the system tray and select “Exit”).
  • Open “Computer” from the start menu.
  • Select your hard drive from the list of drives available.
  • Double click on the “Users” folder.
  • Double click on the folder for you username in Windows.
  • Double click on the “AppData” folder, If you do not see this folder you will need to turn on the showing of hidden files, follow these steps to do this:

• Click on the “Organise” button in the bar at the top of the window.
    • Select “Folder and Search Options” from the menu.
    • Click on the “View” tab.
    • Place a dot in the box marked “Show hidden files and folders”.
    • Click “OK”.
    • You should now be able to see the “AppData” folder.
  • Double click on the “Roaming” folder, then on the “IceTV” folder, then on the “IceTV Interactive” folder, and then on the “tasks” folder.
  • Delete everything in the “tasks” folder.

Once complete you can re-open the IceTV Interactive client from the Start Menu. It will automatically re-cache all the tasks and download any new tasks from the server.

The good news is that we have found the condition that causes this and a fix will be in the next version of IceTV Interactive.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

fletma

Any idea when this problem will be fixed properly in the icetv client, it seems to happen to me quite a bit.

csutak40

Quote from: Daniel Hall on February 22, 2008, 12:36:48 PM
Sometimes a “Record” task can get corrupted when it's cached on the hard drive. If this happens it is necessary to clear out all the cached tasks.

To do this:

• Close the IceTV Interactive application (right click on the icon in the system tray and select “Exit”).
  • Open “Computer” from the start menu.
  • Select your hard drive from the list of drives available.
  • Double click on the “Users” folder.
  • Double click on the folder for you username in Windows.
  • Double click on the “AppData” folder, If you do not see this folder you will need to turn on the showing of hidden files, follow these steps to do this:

• Click on the “Organise” button in the bar at the top of the window.
    • Select “Folder and Search Options” from the menu.
    • Click on the “View” tab.
    • Place a dot in the box marked “Show hidden files and folders”.
    • Click “OK”.
    • You should now be able to see the “AppData” folder.
  • Double click on the “Roaming” folder, then on the “IceTV” folder, then on the “IceTV Interactive” folder, and then on the “tasks” folder.
  • Delete everything in the “tasks” folder.

Once complete you can re-open the IceTV Interactive client from the Start Menu. It will automatically re-cache all the tasks and download any new tasks from the server.

The good news is that we have found the condition that causes this and a fix will be in the next version of IceTV Interactive.

The above directions work in Vista, but not in XP.  This is where one can find the Task folder in XP :C:\Documents and Settings\Judy\Application Data\IceTV\IceTV\ Interactive\Task

I am presuming the same directions (for deleting) apply?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

aswigon

Quote from: fletma on January 10, 2009, 07:24:05 AM
Any idea when this problem will be fixed properly in the icetv client, it seems to happen to me quite a bit.

Seconded. Any news on the next version with the fix?