ABC changes and IceTV guide info

Started by GlenR, February 12, 2008, 08:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenR

Following the ABC change yesterday and the subsequent changes by IceTV I notced that I did not have to rescan. I alsways used "ABC - Sydney" as the ABC channel, and it was (and is) still receiving the ABC, all I had to do was reassociate the guide to the channel. No rescan was needed, thankfully as having to set up all the series records again is a complete pain in the butt.

What concerns me, however, is I noticed, along with losing guide data to the ABC channels (expected) and having to reassociate the guide, I had also lost guide data to all the HD channels (unexpected) and also had to reassociate these channels to the guide. Worse, this broke any serioes recordings I had on the HD channels without my realising it, so I misssed one show last night as a result and have had to go through all my HD series recording this morning to delete and recreate them. I expected this sort of problem with ABC stuff, but there was no warning from IceTV about changes to the HD channels, so I was not happy to find recordings didn't work.

Can someone from Ice TV please explain why they felt the need to play with the HD guide information without letting us know so we could check things out.

Also, I am curious to know why the ABC change didn't seem to do anything other than have IceTV break the guide associations.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

That is definitely weird as nothing was changed in regard to the HD channel information.

The only thing I can think of is that the order of channels may have changed in the way that Media Center reads in the guide information (even though alphabetically and even numerically the order would not have changed).
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

impact

Nope the HD Channels mucked up.... There was no EPG data for Ten HD yesterday. It was not even displayed or sent from Icetv. Just not an option...

However, get new guide data tonight, voilla - its back, and you can select it and assign it to a channel.

Alls well again (I think)