IceTV Remote for Beyonwiz - When?

Started by mcretan, December 09, 2007, 08:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcretan

Hi There,

My old topfield pvrt5000 with Teds combo is looking like dying, and I'm desperate to upgrade to a "next-gen" pvr - my top candidate being the beyonwiz-p1 *BUT* it's not yet supported by Ice TV Remote (which I figure is the replacement for teds in this kind of setup).  Having run teds for the last 3 years, I can't stomach going back to the old "search the EPG for things to record" method.

Do you have a timeframe for when the P1/S1 will be supported by ice-remote, or is the ball in Beyonwiz's court?

Cheers,

Mike Cretan

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Sorry about the delay, but the ball is firmly in Beyonwiz's court on this one.

We do know it will not be in the next firmware that is due in the next couple of weeks, but we are hoping for the one after that.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall on December 19, 2007, 09:44:25 AM

We do know it will not be in the next firmware that is due in the next couple of weeks, but we are hoping for the one after that.
In your IceTV and Beyonwiz is clearly a winning combination! post on the Beyonwiz forum on 12 Nov 07, you said "...IceTV Remote available soon...". What sort of time frame did you mean by "soon"?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

toppytools

Quote from: Daniel Hall on December 19, 2007, 09:44:25 AM

Going by Daniel's comment it should be in the next Beyonwiz firmware which will hopefully be publicly released in January.

- On Dec 12 Dan says not in the next bw f/w that's due out it a couple of weeks.
- Beyonwiz release new firmware on Dec 20 - 2 weeks and 4 days after Dan's post.
- So hopefully in late Jan or early Feb Beyonwiz will release a new firmware with Remote support...

prl

Yes, I read Daniel's Dec 19 post, and I know that IceTV remote isn't in the Dec 20 Beyonwiz firmware release.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

toppytools

Quote from: prl on January 01, 2008, 07:10:54 PM
IceTV remote isn't in the Dec 20 Beyonwiz firmware release.
Keep an eye out for the April firmware...  8)

prl

Quote from: toppytools on April 13, 2008, 08:05:26 PM
Quote from: prl on January 01, 2008, 07:10:54 PM
IceTV remote isn't in the Dec 20 Beyonwiz firmware release.
Keep an eye out for the April firmware...  8)

IceTV Remote is in the current beta for the DP-S1 and DP-P1.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use