ICE Remote Series removed but not actually removed?????

Started by dJOS, November 28, 2007, 11:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dJOS

I removed 2 series recordings (Bionic Women & Heroes) today via ICE remote and deleted the individual recordings - these were configured to Sevens SD channel and now that my Media Centre has a Radeon 2600pro video card in it I have decided to take advantage of the HD channels were possible.

That all seemed to go fine until I tried to re-add the shows as series recording on Seven's HD channel when I got the error "a series recording for this show already exists". So I figured maybe the ICE server needs a few mins to sort itself out before I can set a new series so I left it and went to work.

I just tried it again but as you can see from the pics of my sheduled list the show has re-apeared but yet it doesn't show up in the Series list - I tried deleting the Bionic women show again and reseting the series (as shown) but this didn't change the result!!!!

Honestly guy's remote needs some serious QA work!!!

My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

dJOS

Ah as usual I get no response ... not even one to say "hi we'll have a look for you because we value our long term paying customers"!!

Anyway I've solved the issue permanently ..... by installing WebGuide4 and disabling the ICE Remote feature so im only using the Guide (which has always been perfect - wish the same could be said about Remote!)

Derek.
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Sorry for the delay, we actually found the issue that was causing this earlier today, and fixed it (along with putting extra measures in place to notify if that particular situation occurs again).

Interesting side note to that, Doug Berrett who wrote WebGuide is the same person who has been working on IceTV Interactive (and the old PIMP my MCE client) for Media Center in the past.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

bruiser333

I was justing having a look at ICE Remote, when I encountered the same issue ie added a series, deleted then tried to add again. So maybe this hasn't been fixed yet?

Cheers,

Bruiser

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

bruiser333

prl

I appear to have the same problem. I deleted a single-episode recording on ABC News for today (8 May 19:00), and created a series recording for it; that worked without a problem. I then deleted the ABC recording entry and recreated it twice more; the first time it succeeded, the second time I got "Error: a series recording for this show already exists."

There's no entry for the series recording that "already exists" showing in any of My Upcoming Shows, My Shows or TV Guide.

This appears to be a different problem from the one I've already posted about failing to create timers for Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

Daniel may still have logging enabled on my IceTV account.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing