ICETV epg update EYETV (server returned error)

Started by shane1982, January 31, 2007, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluewillow

I am having the same issue as well with the IceTV Guide as well, it started either yesterday or Sunday.  I am using EyeTV for DTT Stick, EyeTV version 2.5.1 and Leopard.

Going through the Preferences of EyeTV states: "Update failed due to a server error" (happens either manually or allowing it to update automatically). 

Opening the guide in EyeTV states: "The Program Guide has no data to display.  Please complete the Program Guide setup by running the EyeTV Setup Assistant."  I have tried that more than once, but still the guide does not update.  I have also tried the suggestion of updating manually through the gear icon, but that also does not work. (I have waited overnight to try and update again, so it should not be due to making too many requests). 

According to EyeTV Preferences, my account is valid and does not expire until January. 

Very unfortunate, I was getting a lot of use out of the program guide.  :(

pooky

I'm having the same issue as everyone else on this thread -
'IceTV Account information is invalid'.

I'm on Tiger OSX 10.4.10 and EyeTV 2.5.1. None of the suggested fixes worked for me.

Come on EyeTV guys - It's been broken for weeks now. If it's not fixed I won't be renewing my subscription. I was really happy with the IceTV service until now.

Marc

pooky & bluewillow: Please email your user ID and a quick message letting us know you're having issues with EyeTV to support@icetv.com.au and we'll look into it ASAP.

zarbs

Quote from: Daniel Hall on November 13, 2007, 04:26:33 PM
The restrictions on how often the guide can be updated have recently changed.

They are now set to be once every hour for the channels list and also once every hour for the guide itself (these are two separate requests). There is also a limit on how often remote scheduling requests can be made, this is set to once every 15 minutes, any attempts within 15 minutes of the last successful request will return an error in EyeTV saying that there is a problem with the username or password (unfortunately EyeTV does not handle the actual error message correctly).

If you try again by going through the program guide screen, and then selecting the 'gear' icon at the top of the screen and then select “Update IceTV Guide” it should then update the guide (as long it has been over one hour since the last attempt).

One thing that we have found is that when going into the preferences window it will do a channels list request so that when it tries to download the guide after that (using the Update now) button it will fail to download as it has been within the hour.

There is also a new 'blacklisting' that could be affecting you, please see the post regarding an Important IceTV Service Announcement.

Sorry but this is not the case with this issue. I can not use the EyeTV application for days and then open the application and it has no data so it is not an update frequency issue. The service is just not working. Funny, I had only just paid for a twelve month subscription and now it looks like I won't get anything for my $99 except being told to check this over and over again. We can't all be having this issue because of a timed limit. If you have a complaints department that is my next stop for a refund because there has been no use from this subscription from three days after the subscription started. The trial worked perfectly for the full period. Colour me jaded. I am forced to use either Channel 4 for my guide or the web based guides but have no ability to record in the future which was one of the selling points for me on this subscription...

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: zarbs on November 16, 2007, 11:28:36 AM
Quote from: Daniel Hall on November 13, 2007, 04:26:33 PM
There is also a new 'blacklisting' that could be affecting you, please see the post regarding an Important IceTV Service Announcement.

I have found your account and it looks like you were affected by the 'blacklisting', I have just seen your email as well. I have responded to that as well.

Any updates from now should go through.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Also following on from the posts regarding time limits on how often certain requests can be made, it looks like these will be handled properly by EyeTV 2.5.2 when it is released and this should fix up a lot of issues that people have been having when updating the guide.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

psmillie

I have been having the same issue as the other users have reported in this thread.

I had a working service. I still have a user account that is valid until 31-Dec-07. And so on.

Has my IceTV account (psmillie) been blacklisted ?

When is EyeTV Version 2.5.2 due ?

Regards
Peter Smillie

Marc

Quote from: psmillie on November 19, 2007, 10:29:03 PMHas my IceTV account (psmillie) been blacklisted ?
Please email support@icetv.com.au with your username a quick explanation and the support guys will sort it out ASAP.

Quote from: psmillie on November 19, 2007, 10:29:03 PMWhen is EyeTV Version 2.5.2 due ?
Unfortunately only Elgato can answer that. I'd assume pretty soon, but I could be wrong.

tick007

I know this isn't going to help most people, but I finally got jack of waiting for a fix to the specific issue that seemed to be holding me up and I decided to transparently proxy just the requests to IceTV (my issue was that EyeTV seem to want to go direct for some of it's updates).  I posted the network captures of this a while ago.

Anyway, I transparently proxied the IceTV requests, and then noticed this:

1195801201.466    149 192.168.17.5 TCP_MISS/200 419 GET http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webaccount.cgi? - DIRECT/202.125.163.43 text/xml
1195801201.513    257 192.168.8.140 TCP_MISS/200 776 POST http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/pimp/pimp_server - DIRECT/202.125.163.43 application/octet-stream
1195801201.821    223 192.168.17.5 TCP_MISS/200 617 GET http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/epg/webpimpdevices.cgi? - DIRECT/202.125.163.43 text/xml
1195801218.819  17032 192.168.8.140 TCP_MISS/200 794637 POST http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/pimp/pimp_server - DIRECT/202.125.163.43 application/octet-stream

192.168.17.5 requests are those that are proxied correctly and 192.168.8.140 are those that are not.  I swear those requests to /cgi-bin/pimp/pimp_server weren't in the network capture before!  Anyway, that's the offending requests that seem to break everything else.

Hopefully EyeTV 2.5.2 will have updated IceTV components that will proxy everything correctly (and whatever other networking dodginess that seems to be breaking things for people who aren't even using proxies).  I also hope this info is of some use to IceTV in tracking down what seems to be wrong on their end.

As for me, I'm crossing my fingers my (now working) installation of EyeTV stays that way... ;)

fang

psmillie wrote:
QuoteWhen is EyeTV Version 2.5.2 due ?

I noticed that Elgato has posted a beta of EyeTV v2.5.2 on their forums. I have not tried it yet, but if you are feeling brave..... :)

Marc

fang

Well the beta version of EyeTV 2.5.2 fixed the epg update error - for me anyway. So far (it's only been 1 day) it has worked without a problem.