Would you like iPhone/Nokia N95/advanced phone support for Remote?

Started by Marc, November 10, 2007, 01:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trial_Master

Quote from: j s on June 12, 2009, 11:13:49 AM
Another month passes and still no progress on something  that was "weeks away" a long long long time ago - and first requested well over a year ago.

I've given up. 10th March it was weeks, not months away?

PCKid

Is there any way on the iPhone app to get it updated when you set a recording on the Vista WMC? In other words when you check your iPhone app it should reflect any recordings (single or Series) you have made on the PC in Vista WMC.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: PCKid on June 15, 2009, 12:18:14 PM
Is there any way on the iPhone app to get it updated when you set a recording on the Vista WMC? In other words when you check your iPhone app it should reflect any recordings (single or Series) you have made on the PC in Vista WMC.

It actually does this already, if a recording is setup on the Media Center it will show up under the IceTV Interactive website, under the iPhone application and also under the IceTV Widget.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Trial_Master

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on March 10, 2009, 09:52:22 AM
Quote from: Trial_Master on March 10, 2009, 09:46:59 AM
What time frame are we realistically looking at for HD/SD preference? Weeks or months?

I would say weeks, or less, but I can't give a time estimate beyond that.  Sorry.

Russell

When is this being released? An update would be appreciated.

prl

Quote from: Trial_Master on June 26, 2009, 04:07:45 PM
Quote from: Russell at IceTV on March 10, 2009, 09:52:22 AM
Quote from: Trial_Master on March 10, 2009, 09:46:59 AM
What time frame are we realistically looking at for HD/SD preference? Weeks or months?

I would say weeks, or less, but I can't give a time estimate beyond that.  Sorry.

Russell

When is this being released? An update would be appreciated.
It's "weeks"; it's just that it's fifteen so far. :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Trial_Master

Trial_Master

Russell at IceTV

We're in the final phases now.  We've made some pretty big changes to the entire Interactive system, including the main web site, the mobile site, the iPhone app, and both the Windows and Mac widgets.  Things will be much more consistent across applications now, and you'll be able to control series recordings and keyword recordings by HD/SD, repeat status, TV network, time of day, and number of recordings per day.  You'll also be able to record the same show on multiple devices, create a series recording after creating a single recording (and vice versa), create a series recording for a show that's not currently scheduled in the guide, view the guide by channel and/or genre, and a few other things as well.  We obviously had hoped to have everything released already, but there are so many large projects in the mix that it's taking longer than we expected.  But almost everything is code complete and in the testing phase, with just a bit left to be done before we release it all.  Hopefully it should be in the next week or two, but I don't have an exact date.

Thanks,
Russell

Trial_Master

prl

Agreed, that all sounds great. Russell, are there any changes to the Reccommendations algorithm?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: prl on July 04, 2009, 09:53:31 AM
Russell, are there any changes to the Reccommendations algorithm?

Our recommendations are handled by a Perth-based Australian start-up called Recommendation Ventures.  We're still working with them to try to get more information to them so they can improve their recommendations, but that work is not strictly part of the Interactive changes in this release.  If there's something in particular you'd like to see that hasn't already been suggested, I believe there are already a few threads about it in the other boards, or you're welcome to start a new one.

Thanks,
Russell

prl

Thanks, Russell. I think I've complained enough about Recommendations already :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

techydude

In response to the original question regarding mobile browser support, I'm curious:  isn't/can't such info be logged by your web-servers?  AFAI'm aware, browser version and OS are commonly reported back to a webserver?

craig.baldie

I just recently got a Nokia N97 and i would LOVE to see a widget/application specifically designed for the phone. Tried the web interface and it wasnt that easy to use on the large touch screen as it was quite small.
Will be intruiged to see what the new improvements bring
cheers

Trial_Master

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on July 03, 2009, 11:26:28 PM

We're in the final phases now.  We've made some pretty big changes to the entire Interactive system, including the main web site, the mobile site, the iPhone app, and both the Windows and Mac widgets.  Things will be much more consistent across applications now, and you'll be able to control series recordings and keyword recordings by HD/SD, repeat status, TV network, time of day, and number of recordings per day.  You'll also be able to record the same show on multiple devices, create a series recording after creating a single recording (and vice versa), create a series recording for a show that's not currently scheduled in the guide, view the guide by channel and/or genre, and a few other things as well.  We obviously had hoped to have everything released already, but there are so many large projects in the mix that it's taking longer than we expected.  But almost everything is code complete and in the testing phase, with just a bit left to be done before we release it all.  Hopefully it should be in the next week or two, but I don't have an exact date.

Thanks,
Russell

Got any updates on timeframe for us Russell?