IceTV and Leopard

Started by peterjcat, October 31, 2007, 06:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterjcat

Hiya

I'm having another problem with IceTV and the EyeTV software in Leopard. I can't get a guide at all; EyeTV tries to contact the server and I get an "Update Failed Due to a Server Error" message. It's the same thing on both my Macs. However, the Widget gets the day's data no problem. I'm also running a Beyonwiz and that doesn't seem to be having problems either.

Any ideas?

Thanks
PJC

Daniel Hall at IceTV

You will need to ensure that you have a device setup under IceTV Remote for everything that updates the guide, so there should be one for EyeTV, and one for the Beyonwiz. This can be updated on the "Options" tab after logging into the IceTV Remote website.

The main reason for this is that the restrictions on how often the guide can be updated have recently changed.

They are now set to be once every hour for the channels list and also once every hour for the guide itself (these are two separate requests).

If you try again by going through the program guide screen, and then selecting the 'gear' icon at the top of the screen and then select “Update IceTV Guide” it should then update the guide (as long it has been over one hour since the last attempt).

One thing that we have found is that when going into the preferences window it will do a channels list request so that when it tries to download the guide after that (using the Update now) button it will fail to download as it has been within the hour.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.