EyeTV Remote - Leopard problem ?

Started by heather, October 28, 2007, 04:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landog

me to, remote record doesnt work, leopard, eyetv 2.5.x - whatever is the latest version

Rgds

PhilthyM

This doesn't look very encouraging, no updates since February!

Anyway, I too am on Leopard 10.5.2 and EyeTV 2.5.2. I can see that if I login to IceTV Remote the programs are scheduled there, so that suggests the widget part of it is working correctly.

On the EyeTV end of things, an EPG update request works as expected, and shows my account expiry date, so that suggests the EyeTV to IceTV communication is working (at least to a point anyway).

However, if I attempt to update via Remote Scheduling nothing appears to happen. Other parts of the preferences page seem to give some sort of feedback, eg under the account details it's showing my expiry date, while the EPG section shows the time of the last successful update. However under the remote scheduling section it says "EyeTV will check only when you have a network connection", which seems to suggest it's having problems seeing the network. Maybe there's some other setting required there? If the EPG updates are working, I don't quite understand why remote scheduling isn't simply accessing the network in the same way?

Any hints gratefully received.

futzle

Quote from: PhilthyM on April 04, 2008, 12:52:43 PM
However under the remote scheduling section it says "EyeTV will check only when you have a network connection", which seems to suggest it's having problems seeing the network. Maybe there's some other setting required there? If the EPG updates are working, I don't quite understand why remote scheduling isn't simply accessing the network in the same way?

I've since upgraded from 2.5.2 to 3.0, but when I was running the older version I did successfully use remote scheduling.  The "only when you have a network connection" message appears no matter what, so you can't use that as any kind of hint.

The list of scheduled recordings doesn't update immediately for me.  I have to go away and come back minutes to hours later, and the list has meanwhile magically updated.

All I can guess is that your Mac and IceTV aren't agreeing on the name of the recording device, so EyeTV isn't fetching the schedule that you think you are setting on the IceTV guide online.  The name of the device ("EyeTV" for me) is independent of the account username, so I can see guide data working while the remote schedule doesn't.

Failing that, definitely go ask IceTV and/or EyeTV for support, because I can confirm that it can and does work.

PhilthyM

Thanks futzle I've checked the device name and all looks correct. I'm sure it did work once, but that was prior to the most recent widget update.

Might give them a call next week.