EyeTV Remote - Leopard problem ?

Started by heather, October 28, 2007, 04:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heather

I upgraded to Leopard yesterday - it appears that since then, the EyeTV remote scheduling hasn't been working.

The programs show up in the IceTV Remote web page, as 'Queued' for recording.  When I do update in EyeTV, nothing happens.

Has this happened to anyone else ?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

There are issues with EyeTV version 2.4 within Leopard, have you updated EyeTV to version 2.5 as yet?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

heather

Hi Daniel

Yes, I am running EyeTV 2.5.  Is it worth re-installing it perhaps ?

Heather.

heather

I reinstalled EyeTV 2.5 - no change.

Have sent an email to support about this now.

heather

I also sent a support request to Elgato.  Got the following reply ...

'We are investigating problems with Remote Scheduling that have cropped up with Mac OS 10.5. We hope to provide a solution soon.'

mizzman

I have the same problem.

I just installed the eyeTV 2.5.1 update, but remote is still broken.

mizzman

mizzman

I am also getting 'Update failed due to server error' when I manually attempt to update the program guide.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

It's definitely not good to hear that remote scheduling is not working correctly even under 2.5.1, hopefully Elgato can resolve this shortly.

As for the "Server returned error" message when trying to get the guide.

The restrictions on how often the guide can be updated have recently changed.

They are now set to be once every hour for the channels list and also once every hour for the guide itself (these are two separate requests).

If you try again by going through the program guide screen, and then selecting the 'gear' icon at the top of the screen and then select “Update IceTV Guide” it should then update the guide (as long it has been over one hour since the last attempt).

One thing that we have found is that when going into the preferences window it will do a channels list request so that when it tries to download the guide after that (using the Update now) button it will fail to download as it has been within the hour.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

heather

It looks like Eye 2.5.1 may have at least partially solved the problem with remote scheduling.

I installed it last night, rebooted, and then checked if I could get my scheduled programs (by clicking the 'Check Now' button) - but it didn't work.
But this morning, I've found that all my programs have been added to my schedule (and they are no longer Queued on the IceTV remote web site).
So it seems as if the regular hourly update works, even if the manual check doesn't.

Heather.

jforge

I have not been so lucky.

I'm getting the "IceTV account information is invalid" message when I attempt to update schedule info. It is clearly correct.

I am now also not receiving program info. I may have been checking manually too often, but that's because it's not happening automatically as it should.

I've left it alone for a couple of days, missed a heap of my favourite programs and it still doesn't update automatically.

I've installed the 2.5.1 update to eyetv to no avail.

Any more clues?

Marc

The only thing I can think of immediately is that maybe you don't have a device set up in Remote?

You need to have a device set up on ID0:
http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webpimp.cgi?op=edit_options

More info here:
http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=48&faq_cat_id=12

We're working with Elgato to make this simpler in future releases.

If you do have that (and you should if EyeTV was working properly previously), then I'm not sure what's up. Maybe phone our support line to see if they can help.

heather

My Remote scheduling has stopped working again.

As I noted in a previous message, after installing EyeTV 2.5.1 and rebooting - the scheduling started working the following day.
It worked for a few days, and then stopped again.
Over the weekend, I tried various things - rebooting, shutting down EyeTV for a few hours etc., but I still can't get any remote schedules to download.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Just an update on this, from the looks of it the next version (2.5.2) does fix these issues, and we are hoping it will be released shortly.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

fang

I noticed that Elgato have posted a beta of eyeTV 2.5.2 on their forums. Has anyone tried this beta with EyeTV remote?

Marc

No, but thanks for the heads up. I'll get it now and give it a spin.