Is one subscription enough?

Started by falcc, August 22, 2006, 10:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

falcc

I currently have an ICE subscription that I use with MCE.

I'm about to have a look at the latest version of MediaPortal and would like to use ICE.  Does my current subscription allow me to get guide data for MCE and Mediaportal(which will be on a different computer) or do I need another subscription?

EDIT: Typical, a few minutes later I find the answer.  http://www.icetv.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=331.msg1384#msg1384

Marc

For everyone else's benefit... yes, you can use up to 3 of your own devices per IceTV account.

titanic

Just bought a Toppy 7000 and already have two 5000's . My wife is a tv freak and at 7.00pm the house lights up like mission control. I got three months free trial with the new toppy so I have set that up on one of her 5000's . I note from the above post that you can apply IceTv to three boxes with a subscription. Does this apply to the free trial offer as well. We (I have been told) will subscribe at the end of the trial period and buy the the wifi bridge . I assume with the wifi bridge it means moving it from one box to another when the update is sceduled. IceTV enhabes the the Toppy and applies features that we have become used to with our IQ Box. So can I put the free trial on the other two boxes or do I have to subscribe.   

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The same restrictions that apply to a subscription also apply to a demo account, so you can definitely use three devices on the one demo account.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.