IceBox Menu overscan problem

Started by StephenIsmay, April 19, 2024, 08:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenIsmay

My new IceBox is connected to a Panasonic 65inch TV and nothing i seem to do in the TV menu seems to fix my overscan problem, is there any adjustment i can make in KODI?

TimC

Quote from: StephenIsmay on April 19, 2024, 08:36:28 AMMy new IceBox is connected to a Panasonic 65inch TV and nothing i seem to do in the TV menu seems to fix my overscan problem, is there any adjustment i can make in KODI?

Yes there is.

1. From the main Menu, select the Settings "Cog" for the Settings page.
2. On the Settings page select Interface Box to show the Settings/Interface page.
3. On the Settings/Interface page menu, select Skin and then -Zoom.

This allows you to adjust the overall size of the picture.  I find the for my LG, about -6% does the job.

Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

StephenIsmay

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The proper way to get rid of overscan is to set your settings to "Expert" (this can be changed on any of the actual settings pages on the left hand side.

The setting to fix it is under "Settings" and then "Display", and when set to "Expert" the second last option is "Video calibration", this allows proper control of how big the IceBox output is.

Most TV's will have a setting for it, but it's not always called overscan sadly.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

MD

Hi,  can you tell us the model number of the Panasonic TV so we can find out where the setting is?