aeb001

The 1 Percent Club UK < add to new shows
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

BazzaG

Tiphanee

Hi Adrian -

I added it earlier this afternoon. It will come through overnight.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

aeb001

oh ok as it airs tongiht some ppl may miss out on the show
Adrian

aeb001

Quote from: prl on March 27, 2024, 03:54:51 PM
Quote from: aeb001 on March 27, 2024, 02:24:50 PM% is a html code & causes web errors

% is a special character in URLs, and must be encoded in them as %25. It is not a special character in HTML text, though it does also have a character entity that represents it, &percnt;.

The characters that must be represented as character entities in HTML are &, <, >, ' and ". They can be represented in HTML by &amp;, &lt;, &gt;, &apos; and &quot; respectively.

I don't know why % is problematic in IceTV titles, but it's not because it's special in HTML text.

Its to do wth the show title being part of the url & therefore the % somehow corrupts it
Adrian

prl

Quote from: aeb001 on March 27, 2024, 06:21:36 PMIts to do wth the show title being part of the url & therefore the % somehow corrupts it

That would only be if the % was not properly encoded in the URL. "The-1%-Club-UK" (as it might appear in a URL path component in, say, an entry in "My Shows") would properly be encoded as "The-1%25-Club-UK". That encoding should be done by the code that generates the HTML.

It's not the only issue with encoding of characters in IceTV. The encoding of text characters outside the ASCII range has long been broken in both the HTML and in the JSON data sent in the "new" IceTV API (e.g. for the "newer" Beyonwiz devices). That seems to have been "fixed" recently by avoiding those characters. For example, in The Wall, the lead character's name, CĂ©line, is transliterated to Celine, avoiding, but not addressing, the problem.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

MD

We're a small company and everyone does their best but there are only 24 hours in a day, and this issue is far down our priority list.  It has no effect on the enjoyment of our services and their consumption of recorded free to air TV.

aeb001

The 1 Percent Club Australia - 7HD, 7:30pm, Wed, 3 Apr 2024, 60 minutes < The 1 Percent Club UK - S03E02
https://www.yourtv.com.au/program/the-1-club/422049/
Adrian

Tiphanee

Hi Adrian -

Yes, we're aware of this issue. These will need to be changed on the day of airing.

Chat soon,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

BazzaG

I suspect the problem here is that Seven is using the same name for both productions with only the pgm description  identifying that they are actually different.

FYI ... There's no Aussie version next week.

prl

Quote from: MD on March 28, 2024, 10:01:16 AMWe're a small company and everyone does their best but there are only 24 hours in a day, and this issue is far down our priority list.  It has no effect on the enjoyment of our services and their consumption of recorded free to air TV.

I appreciate that, but the problem with mangled UTF-8 encoding goes back literally years.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing