The One Percent Club

Started by BazzaG, March 21, 2024, 11:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

Hi,

1. The correct name of this show is: "The 1% Club". However, if the "%" character is going to cause issues perhaps better to have the show name as: "The 1 Percent Club".

2. The are currently 2 productions of this show ... the original UK production which is now into it's 3rd season and the Aussie production.

3. Next week the Aussie production moves to Tuesday night @ 19:30 and it appears that the UK production starts next Wednesday night @ 19:30.

ATM, IceTV has the Wednesday night as a "repeat". However, in 9's YourTV guide and several other TV guides we have:

QuoteThe 1% Club
7:30PM - 8:30PM
CC
Comedy legend Lee Mack hosts the quiz show 'The 1% Club', where the questions are all about applying logic, reasoning skills and common sense.

While for Tuesday night we have:

QuoteThe 1% Club
7:30PM - 8:30PM
CC
This is a game show like no other. Unlike most quizzes, they don't need to brush up on general knowledge to do well. All they need is logic and common sense. Hosted by comedian Jim Jefferies.

If this is true then IceTV needs to add a country ID to the show name:

* The 1% Club (AU) or The 1 Percent Club (AU), and

* The 1% Club (UK) or The 1 Percent Club (UK).

Thankyou

Lisa

Hi Bazza,

Unfortunately, the % is a problem with the system..it doesn't like it.
I have removed the R flag for Wednesday night and am in the process of trying to create a new show, thee UK version to "The One Percent Club - UK".

cheers,  Lisa
IceTV Guide Team

aeb001

@lisa The One Percent Club - 'Series 1, Episode 1' - 7HD, 7:30pm, Wed, 27 Mar 2024, 60 minutes < The 1 Percent Club (UK)
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

BazzaG

Lisa, Apologies for my delayed response ... been dealing with a unexpected death in the family.

Anyway, thankyou.

I would, however, very much prefer these shows to be as close to the real name as possible with country of broadcast listed on both, ie.

The 1 Percent Club (AU) and The 1 Percent Club (UK).

FYI ... A US version has now been commissioned by Amazon Prime as well, but that might take many years before it gets to FTA TV, if at all.

Cheers

Lisa

Hi Bazza,

I am really sorry to hear that...condolences.
Just been speaking to Dan and he has said that it should be ok to change the name back to "The 1% Percent Club - AU" and likewise with the UK version, but we won't do that until after the Aus version airs tomorrow night just in case it affects some recordings. So on Wednesday, we will correct the name of the Aus version and also create and change the UK version. The system won't allow us to change the name of the Wednesday UK airing before this unfortunately.
All very confusing really.

cheers,  Lisa
IceTV Guide Team

Lisa

Hi Adrian,

please see my reply to Bazza re The 1% Percent Club...all is in hand.

cheers,  Lisa
IceTV Guide Team

BazzaG

aeb001

it needed to be set up how bazza said. % is a html code & causes web errors
Adrian

aeb001

then add it to new shows after the change to "The 1 Percent Club (UK)"
Adrian

Tiphanee

Hi there Adrian -

I spoke to Dan about this yesterday as I know in the past it has caused issues. I will double check again with him and will change if necessary in the next hour so you don't miss the recording.

I will also add to New Shows.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

BazzaG

Forget about using the "%" sign, simply update the 2 shows as:

The 1 Percent Club (AU), and

The 1 Percent Club (UK)

Tiphanee

After more discussion, we have decided to name both programmes The 1 Percent Club and we have put in our internal comments whether it is the Aus or UK version, similar to how we have other programmes. We like to be as consistent as we can with the guides. If there becomes confusion, we will look at putting the country against one of them.

For now, tonight's screening is showing The 1 Percent Club and it is in the New Shows list.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

prl

Quote from: aeb001 on March 27, 2024, 02:24:50 PM% is a html code & causes web errors

% is a special character in URLs, and must be encoded in them as %25. It is not a special character in HTML text, though it does also have a character entity that represents it, &percnt;.

The characters that must be represented as character entities in HTML are &, <, >, ' and ". They can be represented in HTML by &amp;, &lt;, &gt;, &apos; and &quot; respectively.

I don't know why % is problematic in IceTV titles, but it's not because it's special in HTML text.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

BazzaG

OK about "The 1 Percent Club" but not about leaving off the country id ... just wrong.

IceTV already uses country ID in the show titles and I can see no reason why the same cannot be done with this show.

Tiphanee

Hi Bazza,

I've changed it again... You will now see The 1 Percent Club UK and The 1 Percent Club Australia.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader