Loss of Channel 7 after firmware update

Started by Hati, March 21, 2024, 10:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hati

I guess better start a topic in this section.

As the title suggest, the latest firmware update went like a dream. No issues at all, as the label suggested.

Except for one thing. The automated channel scan failed to pick up all the 7 channels. Not one. Everything else is present though.

I have tried the Settings/General/Channels/Channel scan, gives me a "None of the connected PVR backends support scanning for channels". There is no way of rescanning at all.

I have also checked antenna connections to the three dual tuners I run. Of course this was a "because I can" job, no hardware was touched in the update process.

Reboots did not help either.

Recordings created before the update for Channel 7 stayed in place, but of course they wont record because I have no CH 7.

Of course this happens again when we are about to leave for a longish weekend from home...

MD

It's tedious but have you tried a software update when it will rescan its channels?

Hati

Quote from: MD on March 21, 2024, 10:49:06 PMIt's tedious but have you tried a software update when it will rescan its channels?

No, at the moment I was just manually adding the channels via TVheadend. It worked to a degree, but I can't get epg data  for them or a tuner to work with.

I'll see if I can dig up the manual update instructions...

Hati

Fixed, a soft reset helps from Settings/LibreELEC/System/Reset system settings to defaults.

It was a bit of a pain to go through the account setup and all that plus the menu customisation I did will need to be done again, but ultimately all channels are present now so it's a win.

IanL-S

Glad that you managed to get it sorted.

Cannot remember if I had similar problems when testing the new build. Did a lot at upgrade tests with various builds and it just becomes a blur.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Hati