New firmware released for IceBox 1.11.6

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, March 21, 2024, 03:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Quote from: TimC on March 28, 2024, 11:25:24 AM
Quote from: raymondjpg on March 28, 2024, 10:01:59 AMYou could try the Force Scan option in the Web UI Configuration|Networks|Force Scan.

Youve lost me there Raymond. How do you get to "Web UI Configuration|Networks|Force Scan"?
Go to the Web UI, then:

Configuration
Networks
Left click on DVB-T Network and Force Scan

Force Scan.jpg 

You may need to also try map all services after Force Scan - Services two away to the right from Networks.

Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

raymondjpg

Quote from: raymondjpg on March 28, 2024, 10:01:59 AMYou could try the Force Scan option in the Web UI Configuration|Networks|Force Scan.

Youve lost me there Raymond. How do you get to "Web UI Configuration|Networks|Force Scan"?

Sorry. Missed out a step!

Configuration
DVB Inputs
Networks
Left click on DVB-T Network and Force Scan

Force Scan.jpg

You may need to also try map all services after Force Scan - Services two away to the right from Networks.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

vader1111

In the TVHeadend web interface (i.e. Web UI)...
  • Select the Configuration tab
  • Select the DVB Inputs tab
  • Select the Networks tab
  • Select the DVB-T Network
  • Click on the Force Scan button
NOTE: I have never tried this, and it has never been a part of the beta testing.  I have no idea whether or not it would work.  I suspect it would force TVHeadend to re-scan the network, however it would not map any newly discovered channels to the respective IceTV EPG data.

raymondjpg

Quote from: vader1111 on March 28, 2024, 12:13:31 PMNOTE: I have never tried this, and it has never been a part of the beta testing.  I have no idea whether or not it would work.  I suspect it would force TVHeadend to re-scan the network, however it would not map any newly discovered channels to the respective IceTV EPG data.
There is also a map all services option that IIRC was necessary when setting up my LibreELEC tests.

Map Services.jpg

IanL-S

The reference is to the TVHeadend webserver, which is localed on the IceBox. To accessit, in your  preferred web browser, enter the following location:
http://{IP address of the IceBox}:9981/
The click on the "Configuration" tab, then on "DVB inputs", then on "Networks". I have never tried this; but that is where you go. Cannot say if it will do what you want.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

TimC

Thanks Everyone.  I'll give it a try when I can pry the IceBox from my wife.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

TimC

All,
I tried the Force Scan option and after a quick flash of a message (too quick to read) nothing happened.
It was all over in less than 1/2 a second.
I would have expected an extended delay while all the frequencies were scanned. So what it scans is outside my limited knowledge.

The remapping of the services was similar.  I tried both the Selected service and Map all to no avail.

raymondjpg

Quote from: TimC on March 28, 2024, 01:34:55 PMAll,
I tried the Force Scan option and after a quick flash of a message (too quick to read) nothing happened.
I would have expected an extended delay while all the frequencies were scanned. So what it scans is outside my limited knowledge.

The remapping of the services was similar.  I tried both the Selected service and Map all to no avail.
My installation updated with all Add-ons and configuration intact, but I'm pretty sure that not all channels were found initially, but eventually turned up in the Configuration|Channel/EPG|Channels section. I also recall that some channels that should have been enabled, were not enabled. So look there and  you may find those missing channels you are looking for.

N.B. This is something I would definitely NOT recommend, but only try if prepared to do a soft reset, or possibly even a complete re-install:

You could select all services and delete them, then re-tun Force Scan then Map all services.

As I recall, Map all services only returned results other than 0 after an initial scan. The total displayed equated in some way to the number of services discovered.

DeltaMikeCharlie

Quote from: TimC on March 28, 2024, 01:34:55 PMAll,

You could try going into Config->DVB Inputs->Muxes and changing the 'Scan Status' to "ACTIVE' and then saving the mux one by one for the muxes in your area.  See if any new services turn up or missing LCNs appear.

IanL-S

Would not tinker with TVHeadend except when the IceBox is a backup. And if you are happy with the possible need to do a soft reset.

The IceBox team (aka Daniel Hall) is working on a fix, so I would not resort to tinkering unless channels are "physically" absent or have not been mapped, and a soft reset has not fixed things.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

raymondjpg

Quote from: IanL-S on March 28, 2024, 04:33:07 PM...so I would not resort to tinkering unless channels are "physically" absent or have not been mapped, and a soft reset has not fixed things.
I think "channels are physically absent" is the main issue here. It looks like services are not easily remapped in the TVHeadend config unless radical surgery is performed to muxes and services, so probably not a ready fix for the issue.

Soft reset is what TimC is trying to avoid!

TimC

Quote from: raymondjpg on March 28, 2024, 01:58:25 PMN.B. This is something I would definitely NOT recommend, but only try if prepared to do a soft reset, or possibly even a complete re-install:

I think this is the key advice here. Especially when it takes me a day to recover all the addons I have running.
I had already done a Soft Reset to fix the missing Channels and LCN that were missed in the update scan (along with a bit of Channel Maintenance). 
I am not looking for an immediate fix. My setup is now working.
I am really looking for a more inbuilt solution that less experiences users would look for if they had channel/LCN issues.

raymondjpg

Quote from: TimC on March 28, 2024, 08:06:09 PM
Quote from: raymondjpg on March 28, 2024, 01:58:25 PMN.B. This is something I would definitely NOT recommend, but only try if prepared to do a soft reset, or possibly even a complete re-install:

I think this is the key advice here. Especially when it takes me a day to recover all the addons I have running.
I just tried this on a test installation of IceBox in a Virtualbox VM.

Best results came from starting from scratch, by deleting all Services and Muxes at the DVB Inputs Configuration. Then (to save time scanning) edit the DVB-T Network config by selecting your Pre-defined mux in the drop-down menu, or if you cannot find one for your area, Generic autoAustralia, and Force Scan. The latter has to go through 50 frequencies, and probably reflects what happens with a Soft reset. A Pre-defined mux completes much faster.

Then at the Services tab, Map all services.

In my case the scan returned 7 Muxes and 56 Services.

After mapping, the Channels tab showed 108 entries, 54 of which were (name-not-set). It looks like the remaining 54 did not add up to the 56 Services found because of duplicate enrtries for ABC TV (LCN 2 and 21) and 10 Canberra (LCN 5 and 51). LCNs 21 and 51 somehow got lost in the mapping, I don't know why. In my production IceBox, in both cases the duplicates showed up named in the Channel list, and curiously the Channel numbers 21 and 51 could not be changed but always reverted to 21 and 51 on Save.

The Guide was empty at first, and I hit Re-run Internal EPG Grabbers, but it may not have been necessary. A couple of reboots of IceBox saw some of the Guide populated. Inspection of the Channels config showed some Channels with no EPG source. That is fixable with the drop down menu, as there is only one source configured, the Internal XML tv_grab_file.

So doable, but with some effort needed to clean up the Channels and Guide EPG source.

raymondjpg

Quote from: DeltaMikeCharlie on March 28, 2024, 03:13:38 PMYou could try going into Config->DVB Inputs->Muxes and changing the 'Scan Status' to "ACTIVE' and then saving the mux one by one for the muxes in your area.  See if any new services turn up or missing LCNs appear.
That probably works too. If one or other of the Muxes for your location indicates FAIL for any reason, then setting to ACTIVE initiates a re-scan.

I saw FAIL quite a lot during my unsuccessful attempts to get IceBox working reliably in a VM, probably because the LibreELEC USB tuner drivers were not up to coping with the tuner attached via a Windows host PC. Persisting with Force Scan mostly led to discovery of all Services. Today I didn't have that problem, but deleting services on one of the muxes then setting it to ACTIVE, forcing a re-scan on that Mux, resulted in services restored at the Services tab.

I suspect that, unless the scan has failed on a mux for some reason, channels may have been discovered but not enabled at the Channels tab, so I'd recommend looking there first before initiating any re-scans.

panio-man

Hi

I have managed to install the latest update.
Since then on a regular basis.
Icetv wants me to load my icetv account and password again. Then do a channel search. It does the search and cannot find any new channels. This latest time it managed to end with see error message in the log.

Have Tried soft reset.

Do I need to do a hard reset and start from fresh?