New firmware released for IceBox 1.11.6

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, March 21, 2024, 03:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedsnow

I have finally succeeded in getting the guide I had before. What I did:

• I went into my IceTV account and disabled all the channels I didn't want, and set all the desired ones to the correct channel number.
  • In headend, I selected only the channels I wanted, and only one of the duplicates.
  • I went to the Icebox to delete the group I had created in previous attempts. While I was doing that, the Icebox went to the boot screen, and when it came back, the guide had just the channels I wanted, in the correct order with guide data.

A quick test of the channel skipping on a program recorded last night looks good! Great work!

Ned

DeltaMikeCharlie

So.....
I copied the new firmware to the Update share and rebooted the IceBox.
It took a while, but I eventually saw a message about unpacking the firmware or something.
Once the IceBox came back on, I was still on release 1.11.3.
I rebooted again, but it seems that the upgrade did not work.

What next?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: DeltaMikeCharlie on March 25, 2024, 02:57:50 PMSo.....
I copied the new firmware to the Update share and rebooted the IceBox.
It took a while, but I eventually saw a message about unpacking the firmware or something.
Once the IceBox came back on, I was still on release 1.11.3.
I rebooted again, but it seems that the upgrade did not work.

What next?

What was the filename that you copied across to the Update folder?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

DeltaMikeCharlie

Well spotted.  I copied the wrong file.  They were next to each other in the list and I must have mis-clicked.

Sincere apologies.

IanL-S

Quote from: DeltaMikeCharlie on March 25, 2024, 03:37:08 PMWell spotted.  I copied the wrong file.  They were next to each other in the list and I must have mis-clicked.

Sincere apologies.

I have done the same thing more than once
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: DeltaMikeCharlie on March 25, 2024, 03:37:08 PMWell spotted.  I copied the wrong file.  They were next to each other in the list and I must have mis-clicked.

Sincere apologies.

When going through testing of different firmwares it's easily one I have done before, so all good.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

DeltaMikeCharlie

Quote from: IanL-S on March 25, 2024, 03:53:41 PMI have done the same thing more than once

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on March 25, 2024, 03:54:17 PMWhen going through testing of different firmwares it's easily one I have done before, so all good.

Thanks gentlemen, but I still feel like a complete dope.

v1.11.6 is up and running.
My after-market RCU has stopped working.  I will need to track down the configuration changes that I made to get it working and then do some troubleshooting.

DeltaMikeCharlie

I just noticed a lot of missing LCNs.  ABC, 10 & 7.

In the TVH WebUI, I went to the muxes and changed their scan status to 'Active' and the 7 & 10 LCNs showed up in services the first time, however, ABC turned up after a good dozen tries.

It also looks like my AutoRecs may have been deleted.

DeltaMikeCharlie

Quote from: DeltaMikeCharlie on March 25, 2024, 04:50:35 PMMy after-market RCU has stopped working.
I had the after-market RCU connected via a USB hub and before the update it was working correctly.
If I plug the RCU directly into a USB port on the IceBox, it works, it is only through the USB hub that it does not work.  There is a USB keyboard connected to the hub and that still works fine.  Perhaps the underlying LibreELEC has altered its drivers somehow.

TimC

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on March 22, 2024, 08:53:44 AMYes, at this stage the only way to perform a channel re-scan is via a 'soft reset', we are looking at other options now though.

Please do.  A soft reset means that I will again have to reinstall all my addons.  It was interesting to see that the update was able scan the channels without a soft reset.

I don't suppose there is a way to trick the icebox into believing that it has not installed the update?
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: TimC on March 26, 2024, 01:26:52 AM
Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on March 22, 2024, 08:53:44 AMYes, at this stage the only way to perform a channel re-scan is via a 'soft reset', we are looking at other options now though.

Please do.  A soft reset means that I will again have to reinstall all my addons.  It was interesting to see that the update was able scan the channels without a soft reset.

I don't suppose there is a way to trick the icebox into believing that it has not installed the update?

This was required as a much newer version of tvheadend was installed, and after testing it was decided this was the quickest option, to set that new version up instead of trying to copy the settings across.

The ability to re-scan though is definitely on our to do list.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

DeltaMikeCharlie

In order to get my EPG working properly, I ended up having to do a soft reset and in the process destroying all of my custom configuration.

For the next iteration of the upgrade process, I'd recommend deleting the TVH and Kodi EPG databases and let them get repopulated from scratch.

Ian_AW

Ok, a soft reset did the trick but the channel order is all over the place. I thought I'd fixed the missing channels but as the list below shows all the ABC channels are missing.

I seem to recall there was an option to have the channel number the same as the LCN,  but cannot find it now.

Previously the channel numbers were.

11 - 10 Peach
12 - 10 Bold
13 - Nickelodeon
15 - 10 HD

20 - ABC HD
22 - ABC 2
23 - ABC 3
24 - ABC News 24

30 - SBS HD
32 - Viceland
35 - World Movies

70 - 7 HD
72 - 7 Mate
74 -
75 - 7 Bravo
76 - 7 Flix

90 - 9 HD
94 -
95 -
96 -
99 - 9 Go!

Now it shows as:

1 - 10 Peach
 2 - 10 Bold
 3 - Nickelodeon
 4 - 10 HD

5 - SBS HD
 6 - Viceland
 7 - World Movies
 8 - NITV
 9 - World Watch

10 - 7 HD
11 - 7 Two
12 - 7 Mate
13 - 7 Bravo
14 - 7 Flix

15 - 9 HD
16 - 9 GO
17 - 9 Life
18 - 9 Gem
19 - 9 Rush

The automatic ad skipping is great, however something that might be even better is what my Beyonwiz does and that is to place a bookmark at the actual start and end of a particular program. What is being used to detect the end of an ad break could be done here.

So, looks like I am going to have to do a few more soft resets to get all channels, or is there another way to achieve this and not have to go through setting things up?

Any tips or pointers appreciated.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Ian_AW on March 26, 2024, 04:38:21 PMAny tips or pointers appreciated.
You should have a look at the channel configuration in the Web UI. In my experience a few reboots are all that is necessary for all your channels to show up, but some may not be enabled so they won't be displayed in Kodi.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Ian,

The option to show 'backend channel numbers' is still there, it's in "Settings" under "PVR & Live TV" and then under "Channels" on the side. The option is "Use channel numbers from backend".

You will need to have your settings set to "Advanced" to see the option (this can be changed in the bottom left hand corner of this page).
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.