New firmware released for IceBox 1.11.6

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, March 21, 2024, 03:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedsnow

Hi,

Is the update notification persistent? My Icebox is always on, but I am frequently watching TV from another source, and so would likely miss a temporary message.

Ned

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Ned,

Sadly no, I would say it would have downloaded at some point today, if you just do a reboot on the IceBox it will apply if already downloaded.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

nedsnow

Thanks, Daniel. I'll reboot today.

Regards,

Ned

nedsnow

Well, I rebooted and the update uccured. However, I now have no guide data. The guide is in the headend. How do I make the Icebox load it into the quide? I tried rebooting again (I thought the Icebox reloaded the guide on reboot), but no joy.

Ned

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Ned,

Did the migration happen after the upgrade, this would include scanning of channels and downloading a fresh guide?

Also did it reboot after the migration finished?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

nedsnow

Yes, both of these things happened.

I'm also having problems getting the guide to look the way I had it. Whether I use backend channel number or not, I don't get anything I want. Some of the channel numbers are over 10000 randomly scattered among transponders.

nedsnow

I finally gave up and did a soft reset. I now have guide data.

I just have to continue to work on getting a usable guide. And also finding out over continuing operation which other settings I've done that have been lost :-(

IanL-S

As far as I can work out, to use a technical term, the guide on the IceBox is %%@&*. It worked properly throughout the beta testing but decided to go feral in the last build (the release build). If you use "All channels" all the channels are present (but no necessarily in the order you would expect). ["All TV Channels" may also work.] If you select the guide for a particular network, some channels can be missing (indeed some networks can be missing), similarly the SD Channels and SD Channels can have channels mission.

The incorrect ordering of channels may be due to channels numbers not being assigned when the scan is run (I have this on the Nine and Seven networks on my two BYOB), or channel tags going missing. The cause is still being investigated. Once a solution is found, as the problem is with TVHeadend, new firmware will not be needed, just an update to the TVHeadend add-on, which requires no user intervention.

It is possible to "fix" some or all of the problems using the TVHeadend web server, but it may not be worth the effort.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

raymondjpg

Quote from: IanL-S on March 22, 2024, 03:42:26 PMIt is possible to "fix" some or all of the problems using the TVHeadend web server, but it may not be worth the effort.
My experience of the update (BYO Intel NUC 8th gen) was a bit mixed, but it worked out OK in the end.

After the "migration" dialogue, several channels (two out of five providers) appeared to be missing. They were also missing from the web UI channel configuration. However, after one or two reboots they all turned up in the the web UI, but not all were displayed in Kodi.

I like to see my channel lineup in a certain order, and also with some channels not selected for display. For this I edit the channel lineup in the web UI by selecting/deselecting channels, and numbering consectively those channels I wish to see displayed.

Some of this was preserved in the update, some not. Half an hour or so's effort fixed all that. However, I suspect that some users either would not wish to go to that amount of trouble, and some wouldn't even want to get into the web UI to do it.

I don't know, but suspect that if the web UI channel lineup had been edited prviously then it would definitely need to be revisited after the update. If it hadn't, then again I don't know but suspect that all channels would be displayed, in whatever order was selected within the Kodi PVR guide settings. I have mine set to use channel order from the back end.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

DeltaMikeCharlie

Quote from: nedsnow on March 22, 2024, 01:48:05 PMSome of the channel numbers are over 10000 randomly scattered among transponders.
If I recall correctly:  I have seen something similar with a script that I was working on.  It seems to happen when a service is scanned, but the LCN is not detected.  I had to change my script to test that a scan was not marked as 'Failed' AND there were also LCNs detected.  A 'Passed' scan had to be rerun if no LCNs were found on the mux.

nedsnow

I'm kind of getting there, but I'm having trouble with edits that I do to headend not being reflected in the guide. I deduced (and found verification in a forum post) that the LCNs over 10000 corresponded to headend LCN being 0. I changed all of those that were enabled to the correct number, but I'm still seeing the 10000 numbers in the guide. I have rebooted after each change attempt.

I have a couple of other questions. Some of the channels are repeated (for example there are two 10 HD). Should both be enabled or only one? If both are enabled, should they have the same LCN?

What is the significance of the "Use the network provided name" column. Should it be enabled or disabled?

Grateful for any help.

Ned

IanL-S

In capital cities 10 HD has two (logical) channels, 1 and 15. There are other instances such as 7 SD (7 and 71), ABC SD (2 and 21), 9 SD (9 and 91). [9Go! also has two LCNs.] Changes to the TVHeadend configuration has resulted in "duplicates".

Duplicates can also result when you can receive transmission from two or more transmitters - I now get two C31 (both identified as being LCN 44). Previously only one was activated; presumably the one with the best signal.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

raymondjpg

Quote from: nedsnow on March 22, 2024, 05:30:59 PMI'm kind of getting there, but I'm having trouble with edits that I do to headend not being reflected in the guide.
Be sure to hit the "Save" button after making changes, or they won't stick. Caught me out a time or two.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

nedsnow

Thanks, Raymond. I'm doing that, though I'm assuming I can hit save at the end of a bunch of changes, and don't have to do it after each one.

No hints about the "use network name" column anyone?

Ned

prl

Quote from: IanL-S on March 22, 2024, 05:52:12 PMIn capital cities 10 HD has two (logical) channels, 1 and 15.

I believe that that's the case in all state capitals except Hobart, plus Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast in Queensland.

It's not the case in Canberra and Hobart, where 10 HD is on channel 50, and 10 is on channels 5 and 51, and in Darwin where 10 HD is on channel 10, and 10 is on channels 1 and 11.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing