Main Menu

Remote observation.

Started by nodyel, February 29, 2024, 01:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nodyel

Hi,

I have had my IceBox since roughly mid-December.
Like others, I have endured of the 'multiple clicks' effect. Was a real pain when trying to skip over commercials when watching a recording and it suddenly whips to the end and exits the playback and you have to try and get back to where you were up to.

This morning, I tried to bring up the news and nothing happened - couldn't select anything, no movement on the screen.
I noticed that the little red light on the remote wasn't showing. So, straight to batteries in it, and replace with fresh ones. Back working again.

The interesting thing now is that I don't see the random extra clicks anymore. I have been randomly playing around with it at various times, and no sign of the issue.

So, for those having problems with the remote, try a fresh set of batteries. Time will tell how long they last, and whether the problem really has gone away completely, or at least only happens occasionally.

Mike.
Beyonwiz U4

Ian_AW

I use a wireless mini keyboard. I've attached a cheat sheet for the commands to drive the IceBox.

IanL-S

Ian, thanks for the information

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

DeltaMikeCharlie

Quote from: nodyel on February 29, 2024, 01:34:07 PMSo, straight to batteries in it, and replace with fresh ones. Back working again.
Did you try temporarily reinstalling the old batteries to see if the problem returned?

nodyel

Quote from: DeltaMikeCharlie on March 26, 2024, 07:00:46 PM
Quote from: nodyel on February 29, 2024, 01:34:07 PMSo, straight to batteries in it, and replace with fresh ones. Back working again.
Did you try temporarily reinstalling the old batteries to see if the problem returned?

Yes, took them out and made sure no corrosion or the like. Put them back in, but still had the multiple press issue.

Now I have been on the new batteries for a little while, the issue happens much less often. Still get it every so often, but nowhere as often.

Mike.
Beyonwiz U4

nodyel

Quote from: Ian_AW on March 26, 2024, 04:46:12 PMI use a wireless mini keyboard. I've attached a cheat sheet for the commands to drive the IceBox.

Thanks Ian!

Mike.
Beyonwiz U4

TimC

Quote from: Ian_AW on March 26, 2024, 04:46:12 PMI use a wireless mini keyboard. I've attached a cheat sheet for the commands to drive the IceBox.

I use a FLIRC dongle programmed to an old IR Skippa remote.  It lets me control the IceBox in my lounge via an IR remote extender.

Actually I am just now wondering if there is such a thing as an RF remote extender?
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)