Feature Request: Force Update of Remote Record Shows for Media Centre

Started by dJOS, October 04, 2007, 12:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dJOS

Ok as someone who spends a lot of time experimenting with M$ Media Centre, it drives me crazy that there is no way for me to force an update of all Remote Record Shows for Media Centre.

After a VMC re-build I usually have to wait 24-48hrs for my existing list of shows to finally appear in my Media Centre's list of shows to be recorded - can we please have a "Force Remote Record Update" button in ICE TV Interactive to force all shows in the queue to be programmed into VMC please?

Or even better would be a detection routine in ICE TV Interactive that can check to see if shows in your remote queue are actually programmed and then set the timers for those that are missing.

Oh and on another note, why on earth do we have to put in our ICETV Account details Twice when installing ICE Guide + Interactive? This is just silly!
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

dJOS

Cmon Ice Guy's, how about some kind of response to my request?
My Home Theatre Project

Daniel Hall at IceTV

There is a force update option in IceTV Interactive that will tell it to update straight away, however there are limits in place on the server for each of the request types that can be made.

The current limits are:

Channels request - 24 hours
Get Scheduled tasks - 15 minutes
Update Scheduled tasks - 15 minutes

The biggest one here is the channels request. One option when rebuilding would be to keep a copy of the "ChannelsResponse.bin" file in the directory "C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\IceTV\IceTV Interactive\" and put it back into the IceTV Interactive folder after it has been setup, this will get around the 24 hours.

However this also raises another point in that each task can only be sent to the media center once, if a task is in the "REC" state (or scheduled by the device) then it will not be sent again. For this scenario I have had an enhancement request placed in our internal system for this to be investigated.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

dJOS

Thanks for the reply Daniel.

When you say "Channels request", what do you mean by this and how does it effect me in the scenario that I have just rebuilt my VMC box and have no programmed recordings showing?

If you are able to add a "Re-Send record jobs" button and say 1 of 10 tasks is actually set on the VMC box, will this simply overwrite the existing record job?
My Home Theatre Project

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The "Channels Request" is when the client (the IceTV Interactive program) requests a list of all the channel information that is setup for your account, it uses this to match up channel ID's to the channel names in Media Center. If the channels list is not available to the IceTV Interactive application then it can't schedule any recordings from the website in the Media Center locally.

If all recordings are set to be re-delivered to the Media Center but something is already scheduled it will be updated by the IceTV Interactive client before it tries to download the new recordings, so it won't try to schedule twice or anything.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.