Some of the posters do not load due to access denied message.

Started by denny09, December 19, 2023, 02:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denny09

I am using emby and have been noticing that a large number of posters are not working like this one

http://images.icetv.com.au/placeholder/59623_poster.png The ones that do not work they all have this message.

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>XKSAV59545RJS1MQ</RequestId>
<HostId>Jpq475CVTrTYDofVySPIR8hEGhDP3dzzO7hAMLX8euqlPdrbQDdsfMMJxR9sASozKHo1WfD8Nos=</HostId>
</Error>

<programme airingID="180129012" mediaID="59623-0" start="20231219030100 +0000" stop="20231219040000 +0000" channel="2687">
  <title lang="en">Living With Devils</title>
  <desc lang="en">In a wild and windswept corner of Australia, acclaimed film-maker Simon Plowright spends a year living with the iconic but endangered marsupial, the Tasmanian Devil.</desc>
  <date>2023</date>
  <category lang="en">Documentary</category>
  <category lang="en">Nature</category>
  <language lang="en">English</language>
  <icon src="http://images.icetv.com.au/placeholder/59623_poster.png" width="1000" height="680" />
  <country lang="en">Australia</country>
  <video>

Thank you

MD

Hi Denny09,

We know the problem but simply don't have the day's spare development time it would take to fix right now.

I ask that you hang on until after Christmas when we'll try to quarantine day to sort it.

My apologies but as a tiny company we can't get to it any sooner.

denny09

Appreciate the response. Looking forward to fix.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

raymondjpg

Quote from: denny09 on December 19, 2023, 02:31:32 PMI am using emby and have been noticing that a large number of posters are not working like this one
Do you mean posters for Live TV? I'm not seeing that here with the IceTV XMLTV feed. What TV back end are you using?
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

denny09

I use emby backend. There are number of them that are not being displayed as there is an error on them. It's not an error in the backend as if I manually try the link it can't access the image.

MD

December 19, 2023, 16:22:51
Hi Denny09,

We know the problem but simply don't have the day's spare development time it would take to fix right now.

I ask that you hang on until after Christmas when we'll try to quarantine day to sort it.

My apologies but as a tiny company we can't get to it any sooner.

raymondjpg

Quote from: denny09 on January 07, 2024, 04:06:35 PMI use emby backend.
In Emby Server Live TV configuration, which TV Source and Guide Data Source are you using?
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

denny09

I am using the api key generated from here https://www.icetv.com.au/xmltv-setup/ and I use HD Homerun.

It does happen frequently it could be just at that time when you took the picture there was no access denied for any posters. I am currently looking at emby theater and there are many missing an image.

raymondjpg

Quote from: denny09 on January 15, 2024, 12:19:35 PMI am using the api key generated from here https://www.icetv.com.au/xmltv-setup/ and I use HD Homerun.it and start it again then issue with sound etc. It got too much it took a bit to get used to it.
I use the same API feed with IceBox Tvheadend as the backend. Like I said previously I see no errors with posters. Your original post did not display images properly so I cannot tell what precisely you are referring to.

denny09

That is odd. I have heaps of missing posters.

Do you have any images for show FBI: International I have none for this week. If you do then I will post in emby forum and see as I had this issue for long long time. At first it is an icon with a broken image then emby replaces it with a nicer icon

Screenshot 2024-01-16 152302.png
  Screenshot 2024-01-16 150119.png 

raymondjpg

I see the same for FBI International i.e. no posters, but quite a few other shows also don't have posters. However, I am not seeing any "Access denied" messages.

I don't pretend to know everything about Emby, but a quick look at the forum turned up some posts about access denied where it was suggested there may be some issue with permissions on image folders. The solution in some cases was to ensure that the latest version of Emby server was installed. Apparently with linux implementations there is no automatic flagging or updating for new versions.

So I think you're right about turning to the Emby forum for possible solutions. It looks to me more like an issue with Emby than with IceTV.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

As an update, all our dev time is on the IceBox at the moment, so this one hasn't been fixed as yet, once the next IceBox update is out then this is the next job on our list.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.