IceBox - Some timers not what they should be

Started by IanL-S, October 13, 2023, 12:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

If you have scheduled the first run of Antiques Roadshow or The Newsreader on Sunday night it will not record. For The Newsreader you will get the repeat of the prior episode on Saturday night and for Antiques Roadshow you will get the repeat screening of the Sunday episode on Monday morning.

You will have to manually set the timers on the IceBox.

There may be other timers that will not record as expected, but I have not identified them.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

nathgreco

Why is this ? Does the Icebox take a day off on Sundays?
over the last fer weeks we have had nothing record on Sunday's I constantly have issues with 7 news
Tonight I have manually set Survivor, 60 minutes and we missed the beginning of 7 news as it didn't tape,
7 news seems to be hit and miss through the week as well

any ideas? Thanks
Nathan

IanL-S

I have not seen this for a long time - but I have been running beta firmware since before Christmas so my experience is not reliable.

I suggest that you put in a support request.

It would also be a good idea to post in the IceBox section of the forum rather than here.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: nathgreco on March 17, 2024, 07:51:26 PMWhy is this ? Does the Icebox take a day off on Sundays?
over the last fer weeks we have had nothing record on Sunday's I constantly have issues with 7 news
Tonight I have manually set Survivor, 60 minutes and we missed the beginning of 7 news as it didn't tape,
7 news seems to be hit and miss through the week as well

any ideas? Thanks
Nathan

As Ian has said there are some instances were the IceBox incorrectly records a repeat airing, we have a fix in the next firmware that is in testing now and we anticipate that it will be released this week. We will email all IceBox users once it goes live.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

nathgreco

thank you, I'll just keep an eye om it, this forum is very tricky with similar  posts all over the place, I thought I found this one to be a close match to my issues.

Nathan