Monday EPG Data Missing

Started by vader1111, September 06, 2023, 12:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kazz

Quote from: robertdowdell on September 07, 2023, 06:04:00 PMNot much has changed for me. A couple of programs have been set but there are still massive gaps in the EPG for Sunday and Monday.

Yep same here, when I look at the guide on the IceBox/s however on the IceTV website under my recorders, the errors are mall gone.

Ian_AW

G'day,

I WAS Scanning the Guide on my Beyonwiz T2 yesterday evening and noticed 9 Network had no e tries from Monday. I did a reboot and that appears to have corrected things.

IanL-S

Quote from: robertdowdell on September 07, 2023, 06:04:00 PMNot much has changed for me. A couple of programs have been set but there are still massive gaps in the EPG for Sunday and Monday.

No idea what is going on here. Please confirm that you have:
Rebooted the IceBox
  • Done a full EPG download - click on the KODI settings [top left of screen], then select "Add-ons", then select "My add-ons", then select "Services" [IceTV should be build 0.1.50], the select "configuration", and make sure that "Force full guide update" should be is highlighted, then click on it, then click on OK.
  • Turn the IceBox off.
  • From you IceTV account, resend all timers for the IceBox (this is done under the "My Recorders" tab, in settings).
  • Turn the IceBox on.

It is easier to get to IceTV add-on by selecting add-on in the KODI left pane, then click on "IceTV".

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

robertdowdell

Quote from: IanL-S on September 08, 2023, 08:19:22 AM

Rebooted the IceBox
  • Done a full EPG download - click on the KODI settings [top left of screen], then select "Add-ons", then select "My add-ons", then select "Services" [IceTV should be build 0.1.50], the select "configuration", and "Force full guide update" should be highlighted, click on OK.
  • Turn the IceBox off.
  • From you IceTV account, resend all timers for the IceBox (this is done under the "My Recorders" tab, in settings).
  • Turn the IceBox on.

Ian

Hi Ian

This is an interesting order of instructions.

The order I have seen previously is to reboot the IceBox, force the full EPG download and then, after about 5 minutes reboot again. I have also resent the timers from my IceTV account but they can only be set if the EPG has downloaded (which it doesn't).

I will have a go with the order that you have suggested.

srto2

Quote from: robertdowdell on September 08, 2023, 08:43:15 AM
  • Done a full EPG download - click on the KODI settings [top left of screen], then select "Add-ons", then select "My add-ons", then select "Services" [IceTV should be build 0.1.50], the select "configuration", and "Force full guide update" should be highlighted, click on OK.
  • Turn the IceBox off.
  • Turn the IceBox on.
This reminds me a bit of some of the early ICE days...  I've been using ICE since the first ICEBox (the hacked ASUS router).

I just performed the above procedure and there is still a bunch of yellow exclamations for Monday and Tuesday.  I don't, obviously, know where the glitch is occurring but my gut thinks a bug or bugs in the ICE plugin.

I don't know how many techs are working on these issues, but I suspect Daniel Hall is run off his feet; we can all maybe just be a bit patient while bugs are (hopefully) squashed for good?

vader1111

Did you go into the IceBox (TVHeadEnd Client?) app settings, and tell it to "Download full EPG"?

Unfortunately, the default behaviour of the IceBox & Android Phone App will not result in the missing EPG data being downloaded.  You need to force them to download the full EPG again.

IanL-S

On Wednesday afternoon my IceTV IceBox failed to boot after a power outage. Before that it had a dull EPG. Had to leave it unplugged overnight, and it booted up normally on Thursday morning. I had assumed that EPG data was still all there for much of Sunday and Monday, but unfortunately it is not - I checked after seeing the posts this morning. Nothing I have tried fixed the problem.

The BYOB IceBox still has full EPG data.

While trying to sort things out I did a reboot and when the system booted up if failed to contact TVHeadend server. Powered of then rebooted and the problem with TVHeadend did not reappear.

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

robertdowdell

Rebooted the IceBox
  • Turn the IceBox off.
  • Turn the IceBox on.

Ian

Wow!! Something happened there. The EPG is fully populated. I had to resend timers again at the end.

One other thing I did differently was to shut down the IceBox rather than just rebooting it.

Thanks for your suggestion, Ian.

IanL-S

Yes, you need to resend timers.

I have been in contact with Daniel Hall and it appears I may have misunderstood the process for requesting a full EPG download.

Go into the IceTV add-on; it should have "Force Full guide update" selected (if not select it), click on that item and then click on OK.

It can take up to an hour to show up in the KODI EPG.
Synology NAS

vader1111

Yes - forcing the full episode guide download will only download the EPG data.  It won't force IceTV to re-send the timers, which are marked as failed on the system.  You will need to re-send these, once the full EPG has downloaded.

IanL-S

Build 0.1.51 of the IceTV add-on now gives a confirmation message when a full EPG download is requested.
Synology NAS

raymondjpg

Quote from: IanL-S on September 12, 2023, 11:00:20 AMBuild 0.1.51 of the IceTV add-on now gives a confirmation message when a full EPG download is requested.
It looks like that build found its way to my IceBox BYO without any notification. Are updates pushed automatically?
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

IanL-S

Updates to the IceTV and TVHeadend add-ins are installed automatically unless you have changed the default setting for them to be updated automatically. So, no user intervention is required.
Synology NAS

raymondjpg

Quote from: IanL-S on September 12, 2023, 03:27:32 PMUpdates to the IceTV and TVHeadend add-ins are installed automatically unless you have changed the default setting for them to be updated automatically. So, no user intervention is required.
Thanks for the advice.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

raymondjpg

Today I had another "notification of failed timer" email for a program scheduled on Prime 7 Wednesday this week. Inspection of the EPG grid showed large slabs of empty slots for channel 7, including the slot for the failed timer, and neither a force full guide update nor a reboot of the IceBox BYO resulted in filling of that (and other) slots.

Inspection of the EPG grid for a Beyonwiz T2 IceTV enabled showed no such empty slots in the EPG grid for channel 7.