suitable alternate remote for ICEbox?

Started by Robert_M, July 23, 2023, 09:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian_AW

Found it.

It is a case of knowing what to search to get the answer you are after.

A long press of the OK button brings up the menu.

It should also be available by typing C on the keyboard and the right mouse button. I missed the C option. C because it is referred to as the Context menu as it changes depending on when it is called up.

srto2

Quote from: TimC on July 29, 2023, 07:33:09 PMYou can get instant record via the Flirc by selecting the Flirc's "Microsoft WMC" controller.
Programming the Microsoft WMC controller's Record button gives you Instant Record.
Thanks for that!  Much appreciated...

DeltaMikeCharlie

Quote from: TimC on July 29, 2023, 07:33:09 PMYou can get instant record via the Flirc by selecting the Flirc's "Microsoft WMC" controller.
Programming the Microsoft WMC controller's Record button gives you Instant Record.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/e6827d35153f440b652bdd115f994c226cd5e424/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml#L151

Looks like CTRL+R.

TimC

Quote from: DeltaMikeCharlie on August 01, 2023, 02:07:28 PMLooks like CTRL+R.

Interesting, I found that Ctrl +R seemed to force some sort of refresh, i.e. a bunch of notifications were presented after it was pressed.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

DeltaMikeCharlie

Quote from: TimC on August 01, 2023, 02:29:51 PMInteresting, I found that Ctrl +R seemed to force some sort of refresh, i.e. a bunch of notifications were presented after it was pressed.
Mmmmmm, odd!

I just tested on my IceBox and whilst watching live TV, CTRL+R started immediate recording.

TimC

I just did a retest and yes, Ctrl +R does in fact start recording of the current channel.
One of those notifications I saw was no doubt the notification for the added recording.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

Hati

Bit of an update.

The new remote (WeChip W1) arrived. It looks and feels high quality, the tactile feedback is also very nice. I didn't have my hopes high, given the origin of this remote, but it is impressive never the less.

Best yet, it works "plug and play" with the IceBox.

Only a few hours of use as yet, but the behaviour experienced with the original remote is all gone.

The only downside is that there is no dedicated pause/play and stop buttons. Instead tap the OK button twice to pause, again to play and while in pause right arrow onto the stop icon at the bottom of the screen.

The airmouse part is good as well, but I only tried that because it defaults to that. Didn't play with the keyboard on the underside yet.

Over all, well worth the 30-odd bucks (if you search around a bit) if your original remote, like mine, goes highwire every so often and becomes unusable.

There are other types of remotes available from WeChip, I just picked this older model to test and don't feel bad about the cost if it turns to be a bust.