Capability to create aliases of channels?

Started by Shane, August 11, 2005, 05:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

Hi guys,

Loving the guide as you know.

I'd like to know if it would be possible for you to code into the ice web server (guide source) the capability for personalised channel aliases so MCE can then map the same data to other channels?

As an example:
Take "Seven" channel from ice, and allow me to setup aliases to 7 Digital 1, 7 Digital 2, 7 Digital HD etc. So when MCE downloads the guide from my account it would get:

ABC
ABC2 Digital
Nine
SBS
SBS World News Digital
Seven
Seven 1
Seven 2
Seven HD
Ten

But the "new" Seven's would be copies of the "Seven" data. (I hope I have explained that clearly enough).

This would have to be possible yes? It could be stored as part of my account subscription. Maybe you could limit it to 5 aliases per channel or similar to cut down on database needs?

Thanks,
Shane.

Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Shane

Wondering if anyone has read this? I noticed you thought an almost identical idea for MythTV (http://www.icetv.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=81.0) was good.

Thanks,
Shane.
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

pvogel

We are working on a way of providing HD guide channels built from the SD ones.  We are not sure how reliable the networks are with their HD offerings but we'll put it up as a Beta and see what customers think.

Might be a week or two before this is complete.

Peter

jeffreyk

any update on this?  with MCE now being able to view HD channels it will be great to have this working.

Thanks

Jeffrey

pvogel

We are testing this solution right now.  If you'd like to be a guinea-pig, let us know by email to support@icetv.com.au

Shane

Yes! I've sent an email through too... always love being a rodent for test purposes :)

jeffreyk

i've been doing a little playing this morning.  I noticed you allready mark shows as HD in the guidedata.  doing a little testing it looks like that when you pick a show mark as HD it automatically uses the HD channel?  i watched the bit rate display in the nvidia decoder.  anyone else noticed this?