Time-shift configuration

Started by IanL-S, June 17, 2023, 12:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimC

I found the source of the spurious jumps. My TV was putting out InfraRed signals that caused my Flirc IR unit to generate spurious key entries.
Hiding my Flirc unit to a different location solved the problem.  Timeshift works nicely now.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

TimC

Quote from: Ian_AW on July 20, 2023, 09:31:49 PMI can use all the features of the standard remote except for a keyboard command to do what the Power button does.

I think you will find that a "S" key (Keycode 83, based on the Virtual Keycode set) will generate what you are looking for, i.e. it opens the Power context menu where you select the Power down option.

Ian_AW

Quote from: TimC on July 27, 2023, 03:31:18 PMI think you will find that a "S" key (Keycode 83, based on the Virtual Keycode set) will generate what you are looking for, i.e. it opens the Power context menu where you select the Power down option.

Thanks.

TimC

Quote from: TimC on July 27, 2023, 03:27:27 PMI found the source of the spurious jumps. My TV was putting out InfraRed signals that caused my Flirc IR unit to generate spurious key entries.

The spurious jumps on Live TV are back. They happen once or twice an hour.

It is difficult to rule out the Flirc though. It may be worth clearing it and reprogramming it. I did see something about holding the Remote Button down for 3 seconds when programming it. Doing that may provide a better set of data that allows the Flirc to reject spurious IR more successfully.

TimC

Reprogramming the Flirc with 3 second button presses seems to have worked.
I haven't seen an unwanted jump for some time.