Beyonwiz U4 - Haven't seen this before

Started by BazzaG, May 09, 2023, 06:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

I have a series recording setup for "The Drum". For the episode that is broadcasting as I type, on the IceTV website we have:

IceTV_1.jpg

So it looks OK from IceTV. However, there's NO timer on my U4. What we have though in the U4 OpenWebif EPG list is:

U4_Timer1.jpg

That's Timer with a strikethrough.

I've never seen this before.

Does anyone know what's the likely cause?

I'm not aware of any issue with my U4, eg. power failure or whatever.

TIA

BazzaG

Just noticed another issue:

IceTV_3.jpg

But in the EPG list we have:

IceTV_4.jpg

I'll check to make sure the recording starts in about 48 mins time.

-----

Yep ... the recording started OK.

BazzaG

I've now noticed that I have the SAME issue on Wednesday night as I have with "The Cheap Seats" above.

Again it's with a Channel 10 show ... "North Shore" @ 20:40.

I have a timer set & it's listed under Timers, it shows as being recorded in the IceTV EPG on their web site but it doesn't show in the as being recorded under OpenWebif.

I have lots of other timers set for Wednesday on ABC, SBS & Seven. All of these show as being recorded in the OpenWebif EPG.

Displaying the EPG on the U4 itself ... North Shore is not going to recorded. Viewing the timers set ... it will be recorded. All of the other timers set for the ABC, SBS & Seven, the shows display as to be recorded.

I don't record much on Ten, so the next 10 Timer is "Have you been Paying Attention? on Monday night. However, I have *NO* timers set for anyone on Monday (last day with a Timer listed on the U4 is Sunday). I guess it's 1 day too far at this stage.

Anyway, what's wrong here?

BazzaG

Now a few hours later & the timer for "Have you been Paying Attention?" has been sent & set. However, the EPG either on the U4 itself or via OpenWebif indicates that HYBPA is not set to record.

I have no idea if this is a IceTV issue at their end or a issue with the U4 and/or IceTV "app" on the U4.

It would be nice if I could get some help to resolve the issue ... something is wrong somewhere.

TIA...

-----

Oops, I forgot to mention that I set a timer for "Scorpion" on '10 Bold' via the IceTV website sometime ago. It's been sent & set. Looking at the EPG on the U4 or OpenWebif it shows as to be recorded. So this issue appears to affect only Ten's main HD channel.

prl

Quote from: BazzaG on May 09, 2023, 06:28:41 PMThat's Timer with a strikethrough.

What does the U4 timer list show for the timer?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

BazzaG

Peter, For the "The Drum" as mentioned in my opening post there was no timer set on the U4 and the show did not record (in this case it didn't matter as I was home to watch the show). I noticed this stuff because I went to stop the recording that wasn't.

As for the 2 shows on Ten (10HD), there are/were timers set on the U4 as per my screen shots for "The Cheap Seats" (#1) above.

As for "Scorpion" on '10 Bold' mentioned in post #3 above ... everything was AOK.

Many thanks for you reply...

prl

Quote from: BazzaG on May 10, 2023, 03:49:49 PMFor the "The Drum" as mentioned in my opening post there was no timer set on the U4

It seems strange that there's an entry for the timer on OpenWebif, then.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

BazzaG

Quote from: prl on May 10, 2023, 05:22:01 PMIt seems strange that there's an entry for the timer on OpenWebif, then.

What's really strange is the "strikethrough". To me it seems that the timer was only partially deleted ... not that I deleted it either on the U4 or via the IceTV website. Perhaps the "strikethrough" has a special meaning or the like on a Beyonwiz PVR.

What I'm now more interested in ... is why doesn't the 10HD timers show in the EPG?

Having said that, at least the  recording runs as specified.

prl

Quote from: BazzaG on May 10, 2023, 05:36:22 PMwhy doesn't the 10HD timers show in the EPG?

Is there a "half clock face" icon on the EPG entry for North Shore or either program before it or after it? That would indicate that the timer for North Shore doesn't completely overlap the EPG slot for the program. That can happen if the EPG times change, but the timer isn't updated (though it should get updated). Have you checked that the start/end times for the North Shore timer are correct (taking added padding into account)?

A normal padded recording will show a "half clock face" icon on the preceeding and following programs, and a contrasting colour for the program being recorded. If you have a look at a program that's being correctly displayed in the EPG, you can see what I mean. The "half clock face" icons are in the bottom right of their EPG entry.

For the recording, though, it's the timer entry that controls what will happen, not the EPG display of it.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

BazzaG

Quote from: prl on May 11, 2023, 04:18:58 PMFor the recording, though, it's the timer entry that controls what will happen, not the EPG display of it.

Yep, compared to the "The Drum" issue which started this tread, the channel 10 shows all have or had timers set on the U4 and were recorded correctly.

I don't recall seeing any "Half Clock Face" anywhere. The next 10HD shows that I have a recording for are HYBPA & JFLA on Monday night.

Here are the OpenWebif screen shots.

Timers:

IceTV_7.jpg

EPG:

IceTV_8.jpg 

I realise that this is a minor issue but obviously something isn't working correctly.

-----

And to continue this, the EPG screen shot above shows another issue with Q+A (we'll leave that for another thread ..... maybe).

prl

Quote from: BazzaG on May 11, 2023, 05:11:20 PMI don't recall seeing any "Half Clock Face" anywhere. The next 10HD shows that I have a recording for are HYBPA & JFLA on Monday night.

Sorry,  was talking about the EPG display on the TV screen, not in OpenWebif.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

BazzaG

OK, Here's a screenshot of the EPG for Monday night. Note that HYBPA is the yellow i. It straddles the screen edge .

IceTV_9.jpg

I presume what you are talking about is the clock face as seen in the show "India Now" which the timer for Q+A partially covers.

In theory there should be the same for JFLA as the timer for HYBPA overlaps, ditto for Ghosts (US) that the timer JFLA overlaps. Not to mention both of these should be "red".

prl

Have you checked what the start and end times and dates are for the timers that aren't showing correctly in the EPG?

Can you give an example of a timer that doesn't show correctly in the EPG, and in the screenshot, include the EPG timescale and date and the whole of the program, and its previous and next show, along with the start and end times and dates (text or screenshot) for the timer?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

BazzaG

Yes.

I already have ... see Post #9

As for the U4 EPG screenshot shown in Post #11 ... I can't do any better than that. If I go back (or to the left 1 slot) then JFLA disappears from the view.

prl

Those screenshots in post #9 don't include all the information I asked for.

I understand that it's difficult to nail down intermittent problems like this, but the onscreen EPG is the code that I know, and it gives more infornation about what's going on than OpenWebif.

Post #11 doesn't show the date or timeline on the EPG, so I don't know what times are being referred to in the EPG to compare back to the timer information.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use