Main Menu

Guide

Started by aeb001, February 08, 2023, 09:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeb001

the guide has disappeared from ALL channels in the app from sunday onwards. i sent through a support ticket at Today at 07:53am but no ones replied yet. At the time i posted that ticket i hadnt rseen that the guide ceased on saturday night. it's clearly all related. And yes I've reset the app twice now for no result.

im seeing a glitch in the guide (website) shows that are marked as premieres that technically should have red dots are not set to record. there mulitples of them.

AFN Fishing Show - 7mate HD, 12:00pm, Sun, 12 Feb 2023, 60 minutes
Maternal - 'Series 1, Episode 2' - 7HD, 8:45pm, Sun, 12 Feb 2023, 60 minutes
The Auto Firm with Alex Vega - 'Iman Shumpert's Chevy Blazer' - 9Rush Gold Coast, 10:30pm, Sun, 12 Feb 2023, 60 minutes
Big Miracles - 'Series 1, Episode 2' - 9HD Gold Coast, 9:00pm, Mon, 13 Feb 2023, 60 minutes

Something possibly related (or not) the new shows on the website has rolled over so monday / tuesday last week have dissappeared off the top of the list, however on the app the new shows are acting like its still sunday.

I'm just wondering if the 2 issues are somehow related and an incorrect internal clock / calendar on one of your servers might be causing it
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

NBOSTI

I am getting similar in Perth region. I have noticed some other strange things since Monday.
When I schedule a program to record, either on the web or app guide, it shows a red donut on the guide but it is not transferred to "My Week"
If I go back to the "Guide" the red donut has disappeared. Still happening tonight, Wednesday.
Also, I had a scheduled recording set for "Better Date Than Never" Tuesday O7/ O2. Upon checking " My Week" that afternoon the preceding program was showing as waiting to be sent.
When I removed that program, "Better Date than Never" also was removed.
Go to "Manage Series", reschedule "Better Date Than Never" and same thing, the previous program was again showing as waiting to be sent also. Repeat above process, same thing.
Related?
 I think a glitch on the server end somewhere.

aeb001

definitely server end but no one at icetv is replying
Adrian

MD

Go into the IceTV desktop app and force a full uodate.

aeb001

as per my post I'm talking about on the app, not the device.
Adrian

MD

Tried resetting the app?

aeb001

also done twice in my post!
Adrian

aeb001

I have just seen an email that Daniel has replied to the initial support ticket from yesterday morning & advised that stale server caches were effecting the app.

However his fix still didnt rectify the guide post saturday night.

Clicking reset app also doesnt rectify it.

I have just logged out & logged back in on the app and that forced a full refresh and there is now a complete guide.

Hope that helps others
Adrian

prl

In the iOS app, all that I needed to do was Settings>Reset Application.

https://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?msg=38343
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

NBOSTI

After adding my 2 cents worth to this post Wednesday evening, I let things be.
Upon logging in on Thursday afternoon, the web guide was showing correctly again. Even adding the two schedules that were not "taking" earlier. All good, no action needed there.
The app was not showing correctly, but as with prl, a reset application was all that was needed.
Thanks all for the quick fix on this. Especially when you are focusing getting the icebox issues fixed.
An excellent project that will only get better.
Looking forward to when BYOB is available to give myself many hours of headaches, LOL.
Well done.