The Weekly With Charlie Pickering - not being recorded - Why?

Started by BazzaG, February 08, 2023, 08:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

I'm 98% certain there was a timer set for: The Weekly With Charlie Pickering, tonight at 20:30, earlier this week, perhaps even as late as yesterday.

But at 8pm I noticed, thankfully in time, that there was no timer. Looking at IceTV:

The_Weekly_Not_Recording.jpg

After taking the above screenshot I selected the "Record this airing" option.

20 mins later we now have:

Recording Options
This show is waiting to be set by device Beyonwiz U4. This show is part of a series recording.

However, no timer has been set on my U4. I've even tried to resend all timers to my U4 with no affect.

OK, at 8:24 I now have a timer set.

My question is why? What caused the timer to be deleted or at least not being set for a 1st run TV episode that matched a series recording?

Thanks

BTW, Neither Tom Gleeson and Kitty Flanagan have been in the show for sometime now.

IanL-S

Initially I suspected it may be due to automatic conflict resolution - "Enable Timer Conflict Avoidance" but that does not seem to be the case as there should be a blue arrow. With my Toppys I often get emails about timers not being set due to invalid EPG data - the timer is sent before relevant EPG data is available. Never had that happen with a Beyonwiz.

One (remote) possibility is that when configuring the timer you specified an channel other than ABC/ABC HD (for eample ABC TV Pulus/Kids) which will, I think, produce the result you are seeing.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

S9E1 of The Weekly recorded just fine for us (Beyonwiz T4, IceTV ACT region). S9E2 is set to record, but the timer for it hasn't been set yet.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

ciriacolettiere

I ran into a similar problem with The Weekly and was never able to solve it. But on another episode, it worked surprisingly well!