Can Channels Not Be Displayed in the ICE TV Guide & Yet Still Be Available?

Started by bodogbodog, August 25, 2007, 06:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodogbodog

I've just joined the world of a digital tuner in my VISTA Ultimate Media Centre after a year of an analogue tuner - so now I have lots of digital channels displayed on the ICE TV guide - eg a HD channels for each plus the extra ABC2 and SBS ones (I didn't bother adding all the Ch44 options)

What I would like to do is to tidy up my ICE TV Guide display so it's easy to navigate and remove the HD channels and some of the others from the guide as it is displayed - but I also want to retain the ability to get to them when flicking through channels and initiating a manual recording of one of the non displayed channels

I havent found an option to do that yet - is there one?

When I delete a channel from the guide it gets unchecked in the channel listing and is therefore not available to me when flicking through the channels

Is what I am looking for in terms of non display in ICE TV guide but retained in channels available to view possible?
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Daniel Hall at IceTV

This is a function of the way Media Center handles the guide, any channels that are deselected under "Edit Channels" are no longer visible to the Media Center itself, no matter where you are in the Media Center.

You could check with Microsoft as they control how Media Center handles this, but as far as I am aware you cannot have channels not show up in the guide but then still be able to watch them using Live TV.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

bodogbodog

Thanks for the speedy response

I suspected as much but with so many settings and options I thought I'd ask

I'm still very happy with my new toy with the Digital tuner I installed today - much better picture quality and the extra channels are great - and I wouldn't be without my ICE TV guide
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare