Main Menu

Subtitles in recordings

Started by Ian_AW, January 18, 2023, 12:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Hall at IceTV

As this changes the guide information that is downloaded to the IceBox it will take up to week for the changes to be visible in the guide.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

mingus

Hi,

Just following up on this ...

Has this been resolved at all, as I still do not see subtitles when viewing recordings of shows that do display subtitles during live viewing.

Thanks.

Ian_AW

Quote from: mingus on February 16, 2023, 11:49:23 AMHi,

Just following up on this ...

Has this been resolved at all, as I still do not see subtitles when viewing recordings of shows that do display subtitles during live viewing.

Thanks.

It has not been resolved. I am hoping it will be soon ;D

IanL-S

Not strictly relevant but I tried the following. Downloaded a recording from my IceBox. Edited it VideoRedo, and saved it as an *.ts file. Then used TFtool wizard to create a recording that can be played on Topfiel DVR. Copied the resulting files (*.mpg, *.inf and *.nav) to a 7100+ and played the file - subtitles worked. [The *.mpg used by Toppys is an ordinary *.ts file with a different extension and patched header which has makes no change to the recording iteslf.] I could also set subtitles to display when playing the recording in VideoRedo. The recording was h.264 not MPEG2 (not that that should make any diference).
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help