IceTV Guide and 7 Mate HD

Started by dalzielmiller, December 12, 2022, 03:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalzielmiller

Are robotic vacuums worth it?

For the busy homeowners out there, spending most of their time cleaning their houses might not seem like a viable idea, especially when you have to work extra hard to earn a living. That also means that your vacuum cleaners would likely to stay hidden in the storage for a very long time. So what's the point of having one?

Further Reading: Best vacuum cleaners in the world

If you're thinking of getting a robotic vacuum in your house and would like to know how they actually perform and what the best vacuum to buy is, you've come to the right place. Our experts at TheKingLive will tell you all the important stuff when it comes to robotic vacuums.

Do they really work?

We've done plenty of different tests on multiple models with varied price range and features. That being said, if your prioritized cleaning area is hard floors, then a robotic vacuum cleaner would probably do the job effectively.

During our tests, most of the robots perform quite well on hard surfaces when dealing with all kinds of debris. Most importantly, they even work well on large debris thanks to the sweep cleaning feature. This isn't something that could be easily handled by your normal upright vacuum cleaner. So for us, this is definitely a big thumbs up.

However, the problem with today's robotic vacuums is that they tend to perform less well on softer surfaces such as carpets. Our tests show that only 90% of the fine dust on carpets is collected using robotic vacuums will it's usually 99% with standard upright vacuums.

Check My Source: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7s6ugv

Nonetheless, they still have an excellent performance with large and medium debris. And if you turn up the suction power to the max, you'll surely gain better results with carpet cleaning. But be mindful of the excessive noise if you find them annoying.

What are the best qualities to look for?

Now we know that robot vacuums could work for you, it's time to decide what the most important features are:

Suction power

First of all, you'll need to make sure that your robotic vacuum comes with enough suction power to handle all kinds of debris and surfaces. On top of that, your vacuum must also come with a large dust container. This allows your vacuum to work extra hard as it's able to collect more dirt.

Battery life

Having a decent battery with good capacity means your robotic vacuum will work for longer, allowing for more effective cleaning. We also suggest that you look for a robotic vacuum with a quick self-charging feature.

Navigation

The most common problem with robotic vacuum cleaners is that they tend to get stuck or bump into unwanted spots. This is largely because of the incomplete navigating systems that are still being developed.

However, some still perform quite well if you know what you're doing. Three main navigation systems are often used on your vacuum cleaner, which are laser navigation, camera navigation, and computer mapping.

Find More Information: Best vacuum cleaners on the market

While they all perform quite well in most circumstances, you'll find laser navigation is the most effective since it works well in varied conditions. Plus, it also builds up a digital map so that you can manage your robotic vacuum using the mobile app, which is pretty cool.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi dalzielmiller,

In Gippsland you would be looking for channel 64 being a regional area (the channel name in the IceTV website is also 7mate HD on Prime), 74 would be the channel number in Melbourne.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

gibster

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on December 12, 2022, 04:56:40 PMHi dalzielmiller,

In Gippsland you would be looking for channel 64 being a regional area (the channel name in the IceTV website is also 7mate HD on Prime), 74 would be the channel number in Melbourne.

Hi Daniel. I posted the other day about 7 Mate HD regional program info not showing up in the guide. Guide info was there for channel 63 but when switching to the channel all that was showing was their stable message about watching on channel 64.

I had also mentioned that Guide info for 74 was missing also but 7Mate Melbourne had program info also.

At that time I could not see 7Mate HD on Prime to select Channel 64 in the Guide Setting on the IceTV website.

I noticed today that now there was no guide listings for 7Mate SD or HD Regional or Melbourne. (I get all 4 of them).

I tried selecting 64 for 7Mate HD on Prime. Then reloaded the EPG info, and restarted the GUI. I now have 7Mate HD on Prime guide info, but there is still no guide info for 7Mate HD Melbourne. Can anything be done to fix this? All the other regional/Melbourne guide listings show up as they should.

Look forward to fixing this.

Cheers

Gib
BeyonWiz V2

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Gib,

I just checked and it looks like they were missing for 74 in Vic Regional, this has been fixed up now, a reload of the guide should see it now be populated correctly.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

gibster

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on December 14, 2022, 10:18:32 AMHi Gib,

I just checked and it looks like they were missing for 74 in Vic Regional, this has been fixed up now, a reload of the guide should see it now be populated correctly.

Hi Daniel.

Thank you. Everything looks good now.

Gib
BeyonWiz V2