IceTV recordings in a confused state

Started by vader1111, August 24, 2022, 11:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vader1111

This morning I looked at "My Week" on the website, and saw a "single recording" set for The Block tonight (7:30pm on Ch Nein).  I have zero interest in this hot garbage, and deleted the recording.

For some reason, this resulted in not just the single recording being deleted, but also the series recording of "After the Verdict" (8:30pm on Ch Nein) which immediately followed. 

My guess is that there had been a slight time changes to "After the Verdict" and "The Block", causing the single/series pair to show up temporarily (while the IceTV server was waiting for my PVR to fetch the update), and I hit delete while the system was still in transition.

I went into the "TV Guide", and told it to "Record this episode" of "After the Verdict".  This has really confused the IceTV system...

Right now, I can see the series recording of "After the Verdict" in the "TV Guide", but it's not showing up in "My Week".  The IceTV App is stalled while trying to load "Account Information", and has already timed out twice saying that it can't establish a network connection.

With one of my PVRs currently down for the count, I don't have the option of sending a timer to the backup device.  I can't set the recording manually, as I won't be home tonight before the show is due to start recording.

Can someone at IceTV please sort out the tangled mess I've created, and ensure that tonight's episode of "After the Verdict" will be correctly recorded?

EDIT: I've finally got the IceTV android app to load properly... no sign of "After the Verdict" in "My Week".

vader1111

It's back now.  Thank you very much to the IceTV staff, for fixing my problem so quickly!

MD

Hi Vader1111,

Yes it has finally set properly but your T2 is connecting to our servers multiple times every minute which is a sign of an issue with your home internet connection. By default it should connect once every 15 minutes. If the T2 uses wifi has anything changed at home, if it uses Ethernet check your cables and if there's a hub then check its functionality?  That issue would have caused the problem getting the reset recording to set properly, albeit it did eventually, and if the Android phone was using wifi why it dropped out.  There are no problems whatsoever with IceTV's servers or databases.

vader1111

As you say, it's set to contact the servers every 15 minutes.  I will reboot it when I get home tonight.

It's connected to the router via ethernet, not WiFi.