7mateHD in Canberra

Started by raymondjpg, July 02, 2022, 03:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

I see that we now have 7mateHD in Canberra, but it is not yet in the IceTV Channel lineup for Canberra.

It looks to be simulcasting what is on 7mate.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on July 02, 2022, 03:47:19 PMIt looks to be simulcasting what is on 7mate.

Not for me at the moment. I'm getting a static screen saying "7mateHD Coming Soon Channel 64 in HD. You may need to re-scan your TV."

Daniel, the TSID:ONID:SID triplet for 7mate HD Canberra is 99E:3281:964.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on July 02, 2022, 04:43:32 PM
Quote from: raymondjpg on July 02, 2022, 03:47:19 PMIt looks to be simulcasting what is on 7mate.

Not for me at the moment. I'm getting a static screen saying "7mateHD Coming Soon Channel 64 in HD. You may need to re-scan your TV."

Daniel, the TSID:ONID:SID triplet for 7mate HD Canberra is 99E:3281:964.

I'm seeing that too.

I was relying on data from TSReader.

TSReader.jpg
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on July 02, 2022, 04:53:14 PMI was relying on data from TSReader.

Yes, the 7mateHD Canberra broadcast EPG seems to be telling porkies at the moment. But perhaps if they've already started putting out EPG data, the content may follow soon.

I googled for an announcement, but I didn't find anything relevant.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Daniel Hall at IceTV

These triplets have been added in now to 7Two, there are a lot of changes being made in regional areas for 7 to get more standardisation between metro and regional, but we don't know all of them as yet, or the timing of them sadly.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on July 03, 2022, 03:39:29 PMthere are a lot of changes being made in regional areas for 7 to get more standardisation between metro and regional

I've just noticed that the channels that used to be named PRIME7 Canberra and PRIME7 HD Canberra are now named  7 Canberra and 7HD Canberra, without any change in the broadcast encoding (still SD MPEG2 and HD MPEG4 respectively) or their triplets.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

MD

Just a heads up regarding any updates to EPG data such as this in that Dan will be away until the end of the week, so unless it's urgent he will catch up on his return.

prl

The name changes to PRIME7 Canberra and PRIME7 HD Canberra do not seem to be affecting delivery of the EPG (at least to Beyonwiz boxes). Perhaps at some stage, and when the extent of the name changes is known, it might be worth changing the channel names displayed by IceTV in the Web pages and the apps.

There is still no program content on 7mateHD in Canberra, so the EPG there doesn't matter for now, though Dan seems to be ahead of the game and there is EPG data for 7mateHD Canberra showing already on my Beyonwizes, but not yet on the Web or app EPGs, which I think is correct, because there's no content yet on 7mateHD Canberra, so recordings shouldn't be being scheduled for it.

There isn't yet an entry for 7mateHD in the Web My Account>Guide Settings screen - LCN 64 (which is now 7mateHD) shows in the list in the configuration for 7TWO on Prime, but again, that's probably something that can be fixed up when 7mateHD starts broadcasting content.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on July 04, 2022, 01:15:37 PMThere isn't yet an entry for 7mateHD in the Web My Account>Guide Settings screen - LCN 64 (which is now 7mateHD) shows in the list in the configuration for 7TWO on Prime, but again, that's probably something that can be fixed up when 7mateHD starts broadcasting content.
Now broadcasting.

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on July 07, 2022, 12:51:15 PMNow broadcasting.

Yes, I'm seeing that, too.

But while there's a 7mateHD EPG on my test V2, there's no 7mateHD showing in either the IceTV Web TV Guide>TV Guide nor in My Account>Guide Settings. That means that recordings for 7mateHD can't be set on the Web/app side. I haven't tried setting a recording on 7mateHD from the Beyonwiz. I'll give that a go after lunch and see if anything breaks.

From what MD posted, getting 7mateHD fully working may need to wait untiull Daniel Hall gets back from holidays.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: prl on July 07, 2022, 01:58:58 PMI haven't tried setting a recording on 7mateHD from the Beyonwiz. I'll give that a go after lunch and see if anything breaks.

I set a recording on 7mateHD from my test Beyonwiz V2's EPG, and nothing really bad happened. The timer was set on the correct channel, and marked as an IceTV timer in the recording list and EPG, but in the IceTV Web, it shows up ad a 7mate (SD) recording in TV Guide>My Week.

Things might go a bit strange if IceTV tries to update the timer (e.g. if the start time changes).

For now, it might be best to not try to set timers on 7mateHD.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on July 07, 2022, 01:58:58 PMFrom what MD posted, getting 7mateHD fully working may need to wait untiull Daniel Hall gets back from holidays.
All channel 7 program names in Canberra have changed, except for ishoptv, 7flix and RACING.COM, but the old names are still there in the IceTV channel lineup.

This is messing with how scheduled recordings are showing in My Week. For example a recording I set to run on 7HD Canberra has been passed correctly to a Beyonwiz T2 but still shows up as a scheduled recording doughnut against Prime7 HD in My Week.

Moreover, for some reason, IceTV has passed two scheduled recordings to the T2, one for 7HD Canberra and one for 7 Canberra.

Quote from: prl on July 07, 2022, 03:13:20 PMFor now, it might be best to not try to set timers on 7mateHD.
With 7TWO on Prime set to ALL in the IceTV channel lineup for Canberra I am at least getting 7mate data in the guide for 7mateHD, and recordings can be set from within a Beyonwiz T2. A test recording I set this morning correctly recorded the HD 1920x1080 version.

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on July 26, 2022, 10:44:26 AMAll channel 7 program names in Canberra have changed, except for ishoptv, 7flix and RACING.COM, but the old names are still there in the IceTV channel lineup.

7mate Canberra also did not change its name in the recent changes in Canberra.

Daniel requested a list of Prime channel names and the corresponding triples from me this morning, and I replied ~15 min later, so he should have all that information now.

However, Nine has also made some channel name changes:
Channel 9 -> Ch9 Canberra
9HD -> 9HD Canberra

Those new names are also in what I sent Daniel, but I've just sent him an email to let him know about those changes, too.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on July 26, 2022, 10:44:26 AMA test recording I set this morning correctly recorded the HD 1920x1080 version.

Yes, that's what happened when I tried it, too. But I don't know what will happen if the program details change (like start/end times) and IceTV tries to update the timer. Hic sunt dracones.

Hopefully, now it seems that Daniel is onto it, the necessary changes for full IceTV support of the recent Prime changes should be done soon.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on July 26, 2022, 05:20:53 PMHopefully, now it seems that Daniel is onto it, the necessary changes for full IceTV support of the recent Prime changes should be done soon.
Getting on for another three months down the track now, and nothing appears to have been done yet.

Is there some reason for the hold up?