Currently available IceTV-enabled PVRs

Started by mingus, June 06, 2022, 12:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kazz

Ordered an IceTV box this morning, looking forward to adding it to the system. 

kazz

Guys for those of you that have the IceTV Box (maybe beta testers) I've just plugged mine in, came up with the IceTV logo and now nothing, no response to the remote either.

Never mind rebooted the whole system have it going now.

MD

Did you get the support ticket regarding the software update before running all of the stop?

MD

Sorry typo - all a bit front there ATM!!  Try again...

Did you get the support ticket regarding the software update before running all of the SETUP?

kazz

Quote from: MD on January 16, 2023, 07:20:15 PMSorry typo - all a bit front there ATM!!  Try again...

Did you get the support ticket regarding the software update before running all of the SETUP?

Yes thank you, mostly went fine but it gave me an ice guide error after the channel scan, haven't had a chance to look into it further yet.

MD

Hi Kazz, thanks for the feedback and apologies for repeated typos!

Can I ask that you reply via the software update support ticket so we can manage this in an organised fashion.

In the meantime the channel scan error is odd, did you wait at least a couple of minutes at the end of the SSH & SMB part of the update to allow time for the update, which happens at that point, to download, assuming you have a decent internet connection?

Can you answer all of this on the ticket please.

I'm sorry for this hassle and many thanks for being so informative.

mingus

IceBox arrived today, all good so far. Quick question:
it doesn't seem to recognise my timezone. Should this be picked up from my account? I see not setting for it except specifying an ntp server? Is that required?

Thanks

MD

Hi, can you reply through the software update ticket I sent this morning.It helps us enormously as it links straight to your account and enables us to manage the IceBox queries in an ordered group, not lost in a list of various forum posts.

Ian_AW

On the time zone, I did have to set the time zone and the time server.

Ian_AW

Quote from: kazz on January 16, 2023, 07:54:33 PM
Quote from: MD on January 16, 2023, 07:20:15 PMSorry typo - all a bit front there ATM!!  Try again...

Yes thank you, mostly went fine but it gave me an ice guide error after the channel scan, haven't had a chance to look into it further yet.

The first time start up should go something like this.

Select Language.
Set Host name.
Confirm IP Address.

Now the important bit.
The next screen is the bit about SSH... DO NOT PICK NEXT FOR AT LEAST 2 MINUTES. LEAVE THIS SCREEN UP FOR AT LEAST 2 MINUTES. If you can, give it a few more minutes.

NOW after the short wait, pick Next.

This will give you the welcome to IceTV screen, and you may get some alerts about TVHeadend as it establishes a connection,

(I waited again here, just to be sure, but it is unnecessary.)

Then it is into the email and password for IceTV.

Then it is into scanning the channels and matching your IceTV account etc.

Teddles

Quote from: MD on January 16, 2023, 11:34:54 PMHi, can you reply through the software update ticket I sent this morning.It helps us enormously as it links straight to your account and enables us to manage the IceBox queries in an ordered group, not lost in a list of various forum posts.

Although I understand the reason for this I'm uncomfortable with the lack of transparency that this process may create.  As a prospective buyer I want to monitor how robustly the box performs from installation/setup to day-to-day operation. How issues (inevitable with a new product) are handled/resolved is important in establishing the box's 'fit for purpose' credentials. Hopefully my concerns are misplaced and readily allayed.

IanL-S

Quote from: Teddles on January 20, 2023, 12:19:52 PM
Quote from: MD on January 16, 2023, 11:34:54 PMHi, can you reply through the software update ticket I sent this morning.It helps us enormously as it links straight to your account and enables us to manage the IceBox queries in an ordered group, not lost in a list of various forum posts.

Although I understand the reason for this I'm uncomfortable with the lack of transparency that this process may create.  As a prospective buyer I want to monitor how robustly the box performs from installation/setup to day-to-day operation. How issues (inevitable with a new product) are handled/resolved is important in establishing the box's 'fit for purpose' credentials. Hopefully my concerns are misplaced and readily allayed.

Lack of transparency is definitely not involved. Just an attempt to make the process as orderly and manageable. The development team is flat out at the moment, and they may miss something posted on the forum. I have done the same from time to time. IceBox development is only part of their role at IceTV.

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

MD

If our response to your support ticket is unsatisfactory you are most welcome to post you thoughts on this forum.

IanL-S

Rather than posting in this generic thread, I suggest starting a new one in one of the IceBox specific forum areas.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Teddles

Quote from: Teddles on January 20, 2023, 12:19:52 PMHopefully my concerns are misplaced and readily allayed.

And so it came to be ... a dedicated thread is what was needed - prompt action guys ... now a happy chappy :)