Currently available IceTV-enabled PVRs

Started by mingus, June 06, 2022, 12:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampus

Quote from: IanL-S on August 20, 2022, 08:21:10 AMNot sure if this is the appropriate place to mention it, but the beyonwiz website and the Beyonwiz forum have been down since yesterday afternoon.

Ian
And not sure if it helps or hinders tried ringing, but got an immediate disconnect.
Things certainly not well.

Pity.
BeyonWiz, T3

blip

I can see both the Beyonwiz forum and website. I haven't noticed any outages.

IanL-S

Quote from: blip on August 20, 2022, 10:00:17 AMI can see both the Beyonwiz forum and website. I haven't noticed any outages.

Yes, it they are back now.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Quote from: MD on August 15, 2022, 04:22:00 PMI'd "guess", as the whole software adaptation is a new world, the ETA of the IceTV miniPC PVR is three months maximum as Dan and I are about three weeks from initial testing of two units, then we'll give out three more for independent customer testing once our own testing establishes stability.  The target price is $449 1 x dual tuner, and approx $145 for an extra dual tuner. but the upward creep of chip prices makes that uncertain.

Hi MD,

Just wondering how the testing of your solution to not being able to get a IceTV compatible PVR is going. The reason for asking is that I currently have a Beyonwiz T3 that occasionally gives a hint it is not long for this world and I'd hate to lose IceTV capability. No pressure!

MD

On our bi-weekly IcePicks email we recommend Nasa Electronics who do excellent and reasonably priced repairs to Beyonwiz PVRs.  It may be a cheap stop gap until our own PVR comes out in a few months and may well add a couple of years onto your Beyonwiz.  Here's the address though the email has a click through on the email page.  https://www.nasaelectronics.com.au

Our software development is no lightweight task but we are now running it on the miniPC that we intend to use as the PVR. We will commence using and debugging it in a week or so.  I'd estimate it will go live in about two months but that is hostage to chip supplies and delivery of the hardware to Australia.

bodogbodog

Quote from: MD on August 27, 2022, 04:34:35 PMOn our bi-weekly IcePicks email we recommend Nasa Electronics who do excellent and reasonably priced repairs to Beyonwiz PVRs. 

Also worth noting they listed and sold three V2's (described as seller refurbished with 45 day warranty) @ $249 each - diskless, dual tuner with wifi adapter and remote this week on eBay (I know as I bought one as a spare) - so pays to setup a search on eBay if you're looking for a V2 as they may have more to sell

Update - they seem to be listing them regularly - here's on posted on 30/8 - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/115509365504?
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

IanL-S

Quote from: MD on August 27, 2022, 04:34:35 PMOur software development is no lightweight task but we are now running it on the miniPC that we intend to use as the PVR.

Thanks for the update.

To get it running at all is a major step forward. I am not aware of anyone getting that far in recent times. Someone started development on a PC based Enigma2 device around 2016 but the project died in early beta stage - the project page not updated since 2016.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

Quote from: MD on August 27, 2022, 04:34:35 PMWe will commence using and debugging it in a week or so.  I'd estimate it will go live in about two months but that is hostage to chip supplies and delivery of the hardware to Australia.
Thanks and good luck!

Andrew Smith

Gosh I should come by here more often.  :-)

Available to help with testing if I should be of use to you.  I've previously been a beta tester for a few versions of Corel Draw and also some other comparatively minor software titles.  I know how to do a bug report.

Glad to see you are creating a way forward for when current equipment completes its life span.

Andrew

MD

Hi Andrew, thanks for your support and you are on the list of beta testers.

Gary

Just wanted to offer my services as one of the beta testers if you would like another.

A very long term user and moderator on the Beyonwiz forum.

kazz

I'm happy to hear you guys are working on an ICETV box I have 2 x BW V2's but one is playing up and I'm old school I need my PVR's.

IanL-S

MD, I would appreciate an update on progress with this project.

Many thanks,

Ian
Synology NAS

MD

Box and RCU being developed and tested by Dan atm. Second box being sent to me tomorrow. New website store page with all "IceBox" details and "Register Your Interest" going up next Friday. First batch of 100 being ordered by next Friday. They go live for sale on December 1 giving us November to finish UI/UX and debug on the existing five units.

Best known plans of mice and men...