Show repeats in single week (eg. Good Game on AB2)

Started by cabe, June 26, 2007, 09:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cabe

This show, "Good Game" along with others on AB2 (like Chasers) are repeated on the same channel a couple times a week - which I guess is great for people who miss the show.. but when you set in Media Centre (Vista) to record the whole series, it records every repeat on that week!

Most series (like SVU etc) have a "flag" or some sort of tag attached to that show saying it's a "repeat", and you can set media centre to only record first showings.. But Good Game + Chasers (+ others) don't have it for some reason... has anyone else noticed?

IceTV, is this something that can be fixed?

Circuitau

I agree and I posted about this some time ago, never got much response so I assume its not doable.

http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=463.msg2053#msg2053

Love to see this fixed though.

Circuit.

Mitch IceGuide

Just so as you know we are looking at this but as yet nothing concrete to give you. Without seeming to blame 3rd parties, alot of this has to do with the information we receive direct from ABC2. There are as always, Vista issues too. So, standby and we'll brain storm it.

CapnStoobie

I realise this is an old topic, but has this issue been addressed?  I just want to be able to set a series recording for Good Game without it also recording the "repeat" aired 6 days later each week.

Kirben

Quote from: CapnStoobie on October 29, 2008, 09:54:12 AM
I just want to be able to set a series recording for Good Game without it also recording the "repeat" aired 6 days later each week.

In the case of Media Centre (XP/Vista), an episode title is required, for repeats to be detected correctly. IceTV could use dates as the episode titles, for TV series that don't offer episode titles.

Restricting the series recording of Good Game to a single channel (ABC1 or ABC2) should work, in the meantime.