Problem Recording Doctor Who

Started by vader1111, November 24, 2021, 04:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vader1111

I have been having problems with Doctor Who, since the new series started 4 weeks ago.

The first scheduled broadcast is on Monday nights, at 7:30pm, on ABC TV Plus/Kids.  Looking at this in the IceTV Website, it has a message: "This show is part of a series recording but will not be recorded. (Show does not match requested quality setting.)".  This is a problem in itself, given that IceTV did away with series quality settings a year or two back.  The series timer was originally created many years ago, and may have been set to "HD Only" - but there's no longer any way to change that setting, and the quality setting is supposed to be ignored.

The second scheduled broadcast is on Thursday nights, at 9:35pm, on ABC HD.  This one is tagged as a repeat, and has the following reason for not being sent to the PVR: "This show is part of a series recording but will not be recorded. (Repeat showing but series set for first runs only.)".  I could set the timer to record repeats, which would catch this broadcast... but I shouldn't need to.

The end result is that the show is broadcast twice per week, once in something that vaguely approximates SD, and once in something that barely approximates HD.  Neither results in a timer being sent to my PVR.

Help ?!?

MD

Hi Vader,  why not simply go to "Manage Series" on the website or phone and delete the Dr Who one then, on the TV Guide, go to the first airing on ABC TV Plus/Kids and reschedule the series. Then, as the default is 1st runs and prefer HD, it should record correctly in SD on ABC TV Plus/Kids. The initial deletion will clear out any old and now unnecessary settings.