Remote / Pimp

Started by kjfarrell, June 23, 2007, 09:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjfarrell

Sometimes I have to format, or rescan my channels. I don't really use Remote (PIMP), I prefer to use the Vista guide. I've noticed that all my recordings show up on Remote. Now that's awesome.

Is it possible, to use Remote to keep those series recordings, so when I rescan or format it sets them back up again?

If not is that a feature that could be implemented?

Also could it be made, that if you set a series to record in Remote, it actually sets a series, and not a singular recording every instance?

Anyway not urgent, just questions. Thanks for a great service (Love the yearly specials, keeps me subscribed).

Keep up the awesome work you're doing.

Marc

I'll let one of the real support guys confirm, but here's my thoughts:

Quote from: kjfarrell on June 23, 2007, 09:58:58 AMIs it possible, to use Remote to keep those series recordings, so when I rescan or format it sets them back up again?

If not is that a feature that could be implemented?

Also could it be made, that if you set a series to record in Remote, it actually sets a series, and not a singular recording every instance?
Remote's series records are totally independent to the MCE series records.

This means there's several advantages and some disadvantages.

So if you use Remote:
- It doesn't matter what happens to your media center, the series records will continue to work, even after a total reinstall etc.
- The recordings will always appear as single records in media center
- It takes a while to sync up any recordings (ie. you have to wait until your media center checks with our server to see if there's something to record).
- You can schedule from anywhere, even your mobile phone :)

...both good, but with different advantages.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

What Marc said is correct, the other point I should make is that Series record is designed to work on all devices that IceTV Remote supports, and not all of these devices have a series record option. Using this standard of setting up one off recordings for all episodes in the series means that a standard can be set to work across multiple devices.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.