Ice TV Support, notifications of failed timers

Started by Chrilynn2, September 04, 2021, 12:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrilynn2

There seems to be a problem with this service with one of my Beyonwiz T2s.
Both of my devices have had recent firmware updates but only one has had Ice failure issues.
There are no timer updates after Monday 6Sep21, even after I run a manual EPG fetch in menu.
I keep getting clash messages for any timers after this date, but the messages say that the timers are clashing with timers on Monday, despite them being Tuesday, or Wednesday.
I have cleared the timers, and reset them, with the same clash failure.
It would appear that any timer I set through Ice, at the moment gets a failure notice, relating to timers set for Monday 6Sep21.
Are there any issues with Ice, at the moment?
I can see no issues relating to this problem on the Beyonwiz Forum.
Thank you.

prl

When you updated your T2s did you do a USB update on either of them?

If you did a USB update, did you do a settings backup just before you did the update and restore the settings after the update?

If you did a settings restore from an old settings backup, you'll have restored a timers file that is out of date with respect to what IceTV thinks has been sent to your Beyonwiz.

If that's what's happened, you can fix the problem by going to My Account>My Recorders, then clicking on Settings for the recorder, then clicking Resend all recordings for this device".

Then on the T2, do MENU>IceTV>Fetch EPG and update timers now.

THat should sent all the current recording timers from IceTV to your T2.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Also, do you have any USB tuners on the T2 that is getting timer clashes? Have you checked that they are working correctly - e.g. do they show under Detected Tuners in MENU>Information>Devices?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Chrilynn2

Thanks Peter, and thanks for notifying me in Beyonwiz, as well.
I did the update through USB, but didn't do a backup, and don't think I allowed a restore on the update.
The other USB tuner is showing on devices.
I will check the other timer settings though.
Thanks again.

Chrilynn2

I just did a resend and within a minute or so got a new failed timers/clash.
Again relating to timers on other days clashing with the Monday timers.
Must be doing something else wrong!

prl

It's hard to give any specific advice about the clashes without specific details. The IceTV folk will need details, too, if they are to check their logs to see what's happening.

The timer clash detection on the Beyonwiz (and it's a Beyonwiz function, not an IceTV server function) normally works well.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

It may also be useful to go through the timer list on the T2 and check that there aren't any timers there with absurdly long run times.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

MD

Any "Autotimers" which won't have the IceTV logo on the timers list

Chrilynn2

I'll check the details of the existing timers, but I don't tend to use manual/auto timers so unsure, other than a glitch, or error.

Chrilynn2

All the existing timers seem normal, and all have the Ice logo.
The Ice menu Show log has the clashes logged, and they all clash with the Monday timers.

MD

have you tried deleting the apparently corrupt timers then hard reboot the T2 then resend them from IceTV (prl - I'm guessing here).

Chrilynn2

I've just checked my other T2 and the timers seem okay.
I've just set up another timer, through Ice, for Thursday.
This is one of the ones that failed on the problem T2.
It updated quickly, and correctly.
I haven't yet tried deleting the Monday timers, which seem to be the ones the newer timers (for later days) have an issue with.
I wondered if a reboot might be useful, but hadn't considered deleting the existing timers first.

Chrilynn2

Fascinating.
I just deleted all timers, and did a full reboot of the T2.
I then sent a resend timers request from Ice.
Did a refresh on the T2, and all the timers for Tuesday onward popped up, but no timers for today(Saturday) through Monday have come on.

prl

Quote from: Chrilynn2 on September 04, 2021, 03:33:06 PM
Fascinating.
I just deleted all timers, and did a full reboot of the T2.

Did you delete the timers through the timer menu on the Beyonwiz? That sends a request to the IceTV server to delete the episode recording on the server. That's likely why the recordings are no longer being sent from IceTV. Are those missing recordings listed in My Week in your IceTV Web pages?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Chrilynn2

Ah, just about to say that's occurred, and I did delete them from the timers list on the T2.
I guess I need to redo them in Ice, and resend them.
It will be interesting to see if that creates a clash again.