Logitech Harmony Remote 350 difficulties

Started by MD, August 31, 2021, 06:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Quote from: MD on September 03, 2021, 05:40:43 PM
Hi Raymodjpg,

Where did you look up the button assignments?

If you mean Logitech's default assignment, In Big Sur follow device|remote customization|device control buttons then select your device. Clicking on a button shows it's current assignment, and at the top of the window follow the instructions for customization.

I've never done it in a Mac so don't know any of the possible pitfalls or wrinkles.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

raymondjpg

Quote from: MD on September 03, 2021, 05:40:43 PM
Hi Raymodjpg,

Where did you look up the button assignments?

I just opened the Big Sur desktop app again and found a new set of menu options. In Big Sur follow device|devices|then your devices in the 350|add fix command.

I'd be following the route I outlined previously in the first instance.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

MD

I'm getting closer! I deleted the Harmony and started again (again) but this time most of its buttons correctly operate my U4.  I'm still pondering how to to get "Watch Tv" to open into the "Media" choice on the U4 or find out which Harmony button acts as "Media? Maybe I need to do the "pointing at each other whist pressing the relevant button and button choice" routine to set that one up...

Also I need to suss out how to stop the Harmony "Off" button not turning the U4 completely off but, as it does, just turning the the TV off...

If I can achieve those goals:) I'll be 90% of the way there.

raymondjpg

Quote from: MD on September 03, 2021, 07:06:14 PM
I'm getting closer! I deleted the Harmony and started again (again) but this time most of its buttons correctly operate my U4.  I'm still pondering how to to get "Watch Tv" to open into the "Media" choice on the U4 or find out which Harmony button acts as "Media? Maybe I need to do the "pointing at each other whist pressing the relevant button and button choice" routine to set that one up...

Also I need to suss out how to stop the Harmony "Off" button not turning the U4 completely off but, as it does, just turning the the TV off...

If I can achieve those goals:) I'll be 90% of the way there.

I think that the Watch TV option is one of those activities I don't have time for, but for you it may be worthwhile pursuing. It shouldn't require any learning as far as I know.

As for the "Off" button there are two on the 350, one at top left that may or may not turn the U4 off completely, and a much smaller power toggle button to the bottom right of the four top buttons that may turn to standby. When I click that in the Harmony button customization routine a number of options open up including:

PowerOn
PowerOff
PowerStandby
PowerToggle (looks like default, and what mine is set to)
PowerWake

I'd leave it at Power Toggle, hope that it toggles standby mode on or off, and if not then assign some keys for Standby and Wake. I'll look at the behaviour of mine tonight.

raymondjpg

Quote from: MD on September 03, 2021, 07:06:14 PMAlso I need to suss out how to stop the Harmony "Off" button not turning the U4 completely off but, as it does, just turning the the TV off...

Left at PowerToggle turns the U4 off. Reconfiguring the button to PowerStandby does the same thing.

I suggest the button be left at PowerToggle and the behaviour of the button be configured in the U4 setup to either go to standby or come up with a menu, according to your preference.

prl

Quote from: MD on September 03, 2021, 07:06:14 PM

It's not quite clear to me what you want. If you want to leave the U4 fully running when the A/V setup is not in use, there should be something in the Harmony power settings that says to leave certain devices running when the system is turned off (I'm assuming that this capability in Logitech Harmony Remote Software is also in My Harmony).

If you want the U4 to go to standby rather than shutdown when the A/V system is not in use, leave the power settings for the Harmony as they are, and instead set MENU>Setup>System>Button settings>Action on short POWER to Standby on the U4 (which is the factory default).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

MD

Yes my U4 is configured as I prefer, which is remaining on.

I'm slowly setting it up correctly, and it certainly is a slow process, but I'm finding the Harmony is a powerful beast. It's a little clunky regarding synching which sometimes doesn't work needing repeated connections but one-step-at-a-time.

Many thanks for your help.  I'm impressed by my forum:)