Why no episode synopsis for Harrow?

Started by prl, February 05, 2021, 11:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I know that there have been problems with some shows that usually have episode synopses only having generic series synopses, and I appreciate that it may take some time for all that to get back to its usual state.

However, in the IceGuide:
Harrow 'Marta Semper Cerva Est', ABC TV HD, 8:30pm, Sun, 7 Feb

has a generic series synopsis, while the episode on the ABC Web EPG has a specific episode synosis. My understanding is that IceTV normally gets this information direct from the ABC. Why not for Harrow? The new series of Death in Paradise and Call the Midwife on ABC do have specific episode synopses in the IceGuide, so it's not a general problem with new series on ABC.

ACT region (which seems to have had few of the other issues being reported for the IceTV metro EPGs).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

GaiO IceTV

Hi PRL,
Thanks for your note.  The synopsis has been updated for Harrow for 7 February.  I will have to check with Dan as to why it was missing as there is no obvious reason from our database, and of course, will keep a close eye on it going forward.

Regards Gai

prl

Thanks, Gai.

It's looking good in my IceTV EPG & My Week now. :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: GaiO IceTV on February 05, 2021, 04:58:39 PM
I will have to check with Dan as to why it was missing as there is no obvious reason from our database, and of course, will keep a close eye on it going forward.

There are other examples where the ABC online guide has episode Synopsis and the IceTV guide has generic non-detail, e.g.
Australian Story Monday, 8 Feb
Four Corners Monday, 8 Feb
Foreign Correspondent Tuesday, 9 Feb
Australia Remastered: Wetlands Tuesday, 9 Feb
Hard Quiz Wednesday, 10 Feb
Four Corners Wednesday, 10 Feb (as for Mon.)
Q+A Thursday, 11 Feb

aeb001

@GaiO in addition i grabbed this episode info for you from an online guide

AFN Fishing Show - Sunday 7th February at 11:00 am (60 minutes) - "Bowen To Daintree" Stuck in QLD, Nige & Nicko start heading toward the Daintree River and this episode means catching more than just fish, which puts them way out of their comfort zone.

Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

GaiO IceTV

Hi grumpy geoff,
Thanks for bringing these to our attention and each has had the correct episode synopsis added.  I will also pass your list to Dan for reference as he is looking at a fix to this issue.

Also Adrian,  I believe your issue with AFN Fishing has been dealt with now.

Cheers Gai

aeb001

Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

csutak40

I have a list of shows with no synopsis  (now that I am looking, seems most of those that were missing, have now been fixed)
There are some which possibly never had a synopsis, not sure
i.e.
The Project
A Current Affair
The Talk (10)
Hughesy We have a Problem
Trevor Noah and the Daily Show
Dr Phil
The late show with Stephen Colbert sometimes does and sometimes doesn't (does that mean that the one that doesn't is a repeat?)
As does The Late Show with James Corden

I may as well list all my problems as I'm going through my timers... 

In some cases (Michael Mosley on Cosmetic Treatments is one) has two recordings set, on both Standard and HD (there were others, but have deleted one of them already)

Also, I often get two listings for a show, where the times for start or finish have changed slightly.  It doesn't overwrite the old timer, but sets another.

Another thing...  I am sure  that the timers used to show ahead for 7 days, it is now only six

Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

I didn't intend this topic to become a general "there are no specific synopses for XXX" topic.

It was intended to be specifically about ABC (and possibly SBS) synopses where IceTV uses the EPG data from the provider, and the provider has a specific episode synopsis, but the IceTV EPG has a generic series synopsis.

The process for generating the IceTV synopses is different between the national broadcasters (ABS and SBS) and the commercial broadcasters.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

There was a similar problem for tonight's (12 Feb) Mastermind S2E80. The episodes all last week and the upcoming episodes all next week have specific synopses, but tonight's episode has a generic synopsis saying that new season 3 episodes of Mastermind will start on 22 Feb.

I only just noticed it when I went to chaseplay it, sorry there's no time to do anything about it (except, perhaps, for WA).

ACT IceTV guide.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use