Repeats and double ups

Started by csutak40, January 24, 2021, 01:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on March 12, 2021, 05:01:13 PM
we have seen this a couple of times now where the Beyonwiz incorrectly marks a show as 'manually recorded' and it then doesn't get removed if the underlying show is removed, which is what happened in this instance.

Hi, Daniel. Do you have any indication of the circumstances where that can happen (other than when it is intended to happen)? I'd be happy to investigate.

There isn't any explicit "manually recorded" mark on a timer sent from the Beyonwiz. All that happens is that when a manual recording is made on the Beyonwiz, its timer information is sent to IceTV without an IceTV timer id.

ETA: If, for any reason, IceTV sends a timer that has no IceTV timer id field, the response also won't have an IceTV timer id, which may also look to IceTV that a manual timer was set. I know that shouldn't happen, but just trying to cover all bases.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Why is this a repeat?

Entertainment Tonight 'Series 40, Episode 134' 10, 2:15pm, Thu, 18 Mar 2021, 15 minutes
The shows before and after are ep 133 & 135

I am also wondering if this is a repeat?

The Late Late Show With James Corden 'Guests: 2021 - Salma Hayek, Owen Wilson, The Weeknd' 10 Shake, 1:00am, Tue, 16 Mar 2021, 60 minutes
  It is also on at 4am, which would be a repeat

Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

grumpy_geoff

Four Corners - Tue, Wed, Sat
are all repeats of last night's episode (#7)

GaiO IceTV

Hi grumpy_geoff,
Thanks for your note.  These repeats have been correctly marked now.
Regards Gai

aeb001

@lisa the following are on tonight & marked as repeats in qld guide but havent aired before. i did note other states are airing episodes from later in the series hence why you may have them marked as repeats

Border Security - Australia's Front Line - 'Series 15, Episode 1' - 7HD, 7:30pm, Wed, 17 Mar 2021, 30 minutes - S15E01
Border Security - Australia's Front Line - 'Series 15, Episode 2' - 7HD, 8:00pm, Wed, 17 Mar 2021, 30 minutes - S15E02
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

Lisa

Hi Adrian,

yes...thanks for that. I have removed the R flag from QLD.

cheers, Lisa
IceTV Guide Team

BazzaG

Melbourne ...

QuoteSeven News Special
'Ivan Milat Buried Secrets'
7HD, 7:00pm, Sun, 21 Mar 2021, 130 minutes
REPEAT

Ivan Milat came to public notice in the worst possible way, when he was convicted of the series of murders of backpackers, whose bodies had been discovered in the Belanglo State Forest. Not everything was revealed, or even known at the time. This episode features new evidence of a cold and murderous heart.

Series, 2021, Australia, English, News, Season 1 Episode 1

The above is *NOT* a REPEAT, nor is it S01E01, rather it's S01E02 as it's Part 2 of "Ivan Milat Buried Secrets", with Part 1 being broadcast last Sunday night.

Lisa

Hi BazzaG,

Thanks for that. The system did not recognise it was a different episode because we didn't name them. I have removed the R flag for next Sunday night.
Hopefully we will have episodes in place tomorrow...at the moment it's not allowing me to do it.
Have to speak with Dan.

Cheers, Lisa
IceTV Guide Team

aeb001

Quote from: Lisa on March 17, 2021, 01:08:22 PM
Hi Adrian,

yes...thanks for that. I have removed the R flag from QLD.

cheers, Lisa

Cheers. obviously the same thing will probably happen each week
Adrian

aeb001

@lisa

the following are repeats of the daily highlights:
Motorsport: Supercars - '2021 - Sandown Highlights - Day 1' - 7mate HD, 3:30pm, Mon, 22 Mar 2021, 60 minutes
Motorsport: Supercars - '2021 - Sandown Highlights - Day 2' - 7mate HD, 4:30pm, Mon, 22 Mar 2021, 60 minutes

repeat of the 7:30pm airing
Deadliest Catch: Dungeon Cove - 'Winter's Wake' - 9Rush Gold Coast, 11:30pm, Mon, 22 Mar 2021, 60 minutes
Adrian

csutak40

The Gourmet Farmer (SBS) is marked as a repeat.  I have it set to only record first runs, yet they were still all scheduled to record.   I have deleted them all now, just thought I'd let you know.
I've noticed this happening quite a few times, not sure why
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

MD

Hi Judy,

As best we can tell the repeat flag was originally left off but added correctly before airing.  However it seems there is a random bug in keywords when used for series recordings which sometimes, but not always (!), means it misses cancelling a recording when its parameters are changed from 1st airing to repeat.  The bug is now on our to-do list but will be some weeks yet before we can get to it.

Nevertheless my advice would be that keywords are not really meant for setting normal series recordings as the record function on the website or app does that. They are more for subjects of interest, actors names etc etc that may be in any show or series.  Even if it's not airing one just does a search in the TV Guide for its title and the proper series recording can be added with the usual preferences.

BazzaG

Australia In Colour
'Series 2 - Australia At Play'
SBS VICELAND HD, 7:30pm, Sat, 20 Mar 2021, 60 minutes

This is a REPEAT (Premier is on Wednesday nights)

GaiO IceTV

Thanks for your note BazzaG,
This is a system issue on Dan's list to fix. The repeat flag has been added now.
Cheers Gai

grumpy_geoff

Romulus 'Romane' Season 1 Episode 5
SBS VICELAND HD, 9:20pm, Sat, 20 Mar 2021
... is a repeat but it is not annotated as such.