Main Menu

Bancroft

Started by BazzaG, January 28, 2021, 10:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

Bancroft
7TWO, 9:30pm, Sun, 31 Jan 2021, 120 minutes

----------

There's no season info in the description but given that it's on 7Two it's almost certainly season 1; which is therefore a REPEAT, as S1 has previously been broadcast on the ABC.

FYI ... S2 was broadcast during January 2020 in the UK on ITV ... I don't think S2 been broadcast yet on the ABC (but I could be wrong).

Cheers

grumpy_geoff

If it's S01 then it aired on Seven in Sep 2018 and again Oct 2019.

BazzaG

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on January 28, 2021, 12:57:09 PM
If it's S01 then it aired on Seven in Sep 2018 and again Oct 2019.

Fair enough, I thought it was an ABC original broadcast.

PS. Just curious ... What are you using to identify when the show was last broadcast?

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: BazzaG on January 28, 2021, 01:17:10 PM
PS. Just curious ... What are you using to identify when the show was last broadcast?
I remembered the name, then I found it on a USB drive where I must've copied it off the PVR (and I obviously recorded the repeats too!)

prl

Quote from: BazzaG on January 28, 2021, 01:17:10 PM

The "repeat" field in the IceTV EPG data sent to clients looks like:
"previously-shown":{"start":"2015-07-15","channel_id":""}

I assume that the underlying database has at least that sort of information. My most recent download of an ACT EPG doesn't actually have any non-empty channel_id entries, so that may not be populated in the database. First run shows have an empty start field.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

BazzaG

In my case, I was referring to the web listing and the fact that I have a recording setup for it on my U4 with the selection criteria for the show has "First Runs Only".

S1 of Bancroft was originally broadcast in 2017 (ITV) and S2 in January 2020 which is now 1 year ago, it's possible that it's S2. Without the season info listed I can't tell.

With a length of 120 mins, it appears that it's episodes 1 & 2 ... which is what Seven did back in 2018 for S1 according to TVTonight:

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/09/bancroft.html

For S2 it's either 3 or 4 episodes depending on the country of broadcast/streaming, with the 4 episodes being about 10 mins longer in total (ITV broadcast S2 as 3 episodes).

Anyway, I raised this post so that someone at IceTV could double check and update the listing as required.

-----

Acording to YourTV and OurGuide it's a repeat of S1 episodes 1 & 2.

prl

Curiouser and curiouser. I did a fresh download of the ACT guide feed, and Bancroft is showing as a first run in that, but when I look at the ACT IceTV guide on the Web page, Bancroft is marked as a repeat.

The feed data contains no useful season or episode data.

Seeing that 7Two is the home of never-ending repeats of British crime series, it's not a surprise to me that it would be a repeat.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing