Spotty Sydney Information

Started by JakePT, May 27, 2007, 11:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakePT

Hi, I just got a trial account to use with EyeTV on a Mac. I updated the guide information but it is very incomplete (for 7 days shows appear but there are lots of large gaps). Is this a problem with IceTV or something wrong on my end.

I recently passed my usage quote on my optus internet leaving me with very very slow internet. Since it took a long time to  update I was thinking perhaps my shaped internet had trouble getting all the information.

Could someone clarify the situation for me.

It would seem very odd that not all the program information could be gotten if some of it could.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realised I was on the HD channels so I checked the guide for the SD channels and they were full, I guess the HD channel guides only show the shows that are in HD. No problem I just noticed the option to manually apply a guide to a channel so applied the SD guide to the HD channels.

Also, after doing this and noticing how much better the EyeTV experience is with an actual guide made me realise Channel 9 should be trying to BUY you not sue you.

freddyfinn

Quote from: JakePT on May 27, 2007, 11:06:17 PM
Hi, I just got a trial account to use with EyeTV on a Mac. I updated the guide information but it is very incomplete (for 7 days shows appear but there are lots of large gaps). Is this a problem with IceTV or something wrong on my end.

I recently passed my usage quote on my optus internet leaving me with very very slow internet. Since it took a long time to  update I was thinking perhaps my shaped internet had trouble getting all the information.

Could someone clarify the situation for me.

It would seem very odd that not all the program information could be gotten if some of it could.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realised I was on the HD channels so I checked the guide for the SD channels and they were full, I guess the HD channel guides only show the shows that are in HD. No problem I just noticed the option to manually apply a guide to a channel so applied the SD guide to the HD channels.

Also, after doing this and noticing how much better the EyeTV experience is with an actual guide made me realise Channel 9 should be trying to BUY you not sue you.

Same here in Newcastle.  I am a subscriber running VMC with the HD guide data only showing some shows with large program gaps and in between program gaps the guide is showing unknown.  The pimp guide online is the same.  When is this going to be fixed???

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The High Definition (HD) guide having gaps is not actually "broken" but rather showing a true representation of what's actually in HD.

Having said that we have had requests to duplicate the guide information from the Standard Definition (SD) channels across to fill in the unknown periods even though it is unconfirmed as to what will actually be on in those periods. We are working on a way to do this.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.