No repeat flag on Dateline

Started by markb, May 16, 2007, 07:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markb

Dateline is repeated multiple times on SBS but the repeats are not flagged. Any chance we can have this flagged? I think there are other examples, E.g. Media Watch is repeated on ABC2 but not flagged.

Jason W

Ideally I think it'd be nice if we had some form of episode titles for these like we do for the ABC Main airings of The Chaser's War On Everything.

Although I guess they are technically repeats, I'm not sure multiple airings of new shows is what most people will think of as a repeat. Having the episode name set to the date of the first airing would be preferable.

markb

Quote from: Jason W on May 16, 2007, 08:25:36 PM
Although I guess they are technically repeats, I'm not sure multiple airings of new shows is what most people will think of as a repeat.

I can't understand your thinking?

The first airing of a program is the original and of course the others are a repeat! Simple as that. Dateline is repeated multiple times each week on SBS.
Surely this is a pristine example of what the repeat flag is intended for?

Mitch IceGuide

We define any showing of a program after the first as being a repeat. You'll find the program in question has been marked as a repeat after the initial scheduling every week. This time it was missed. Although this instance is a clear cut case of being overlooked, the 'repeat' saga brings out many opinions. Quite often when an old program switches Networks, the new Channel will not mark further viewings as repeats. IceTv will (or attempt to). 'The Nanny' is a classic case where we flag them as repeat whereas the Network does not. We are vigilant especially where ABC programs are concerned, however with ABC2 and the number of airings any one program can have across both Channels, the odd repeat may be missed. Thanks for bringing it up.