Started by grampus, November 15, 2020, 04:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampus

Found i'm being blocked trying to send a post to Beyonwiz forum
Testing here to see if it's BWiz specific, or network
Apologies.
BeyonWiz, T3

prl

Would you like me to PM peteru about it on the Beyonwiz forum?

You're probably correct that your outward-facing IP address has ended up in the banned list that the BW forum uses.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grampus

Thank you, I would appreciate that.
I was trying to respond to the post about the new 19.3 release.
The error I get is below.
""Your IP 43.245.171.49 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=43.245.171.49.""
I've also emailed my internet provider, in case they were aware
The IP address is owned by them I believe.

Tks
Alan
Edit****
i've also sent off an email to BW. at the email address forum1@beyonwiz.com.au. from the contact link
on the header of the of the forum..

i wouldn't really expect a response for some time.
but every little helps.

BeyonWiz, T3

prl

I've PM'd peteru on the Beyonwiz forum, with a link to this topic.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

peteru

That IP is not in a manually maintained blacklist, so there's nothing I can do to unban.

However, I think you have bigger problems than forum posting. Take a look at the reason for the blacklisting at Spamhaus:

Results of Lookup

43.245.171.49 is listed

This IP address was detected and listed 11 times in the past 28 days, and 2 times in the past 24 hours. The most recent detection was at Mon Nov 16 00:45:00 2020 UTC +/- 5 minutes

This IP is infected (or NATting for a computer that is infected) with an infection that is emitting spam.

Note: 43.245.171.49 appeared to be suspicious because it was using the following name to identify itself during email connections (port 25) via the HELO/EHLO smtp commands: ".".

Follow this link to get some more information: https://www.spamhaus.org/css/removal/record/43.245.171.49

grampus

Tks for your follow up.
I think I'll be talking with the tech staff at my ISP today.

For those that may be following this thread,
The problem occurs only when I attempt to post in the Beyonwiz forum.
I can read and download without being blocked.

The IP address that is the focus of attention is within my ISP network, it may be anyone that they service that could have started this whole ruckus rolling, and caused a spam report to SPAMHAUS.

Hopefully it wasn't me.
BeyonWiz, T3

bodogbodog

Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

prl

According to APNIC, 43.245.171.49 belongs to Fusion Broadband.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grampus

The ISP is acsess health

BeyonWiz, T3

bodogbodog

Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare