Timer conflicts

Started by Nistrod, June 07, 2020, 09:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

On a T4, a recording conflict should normally involve at least 5 recordings. I'm not sure how there could be a conflict for only two recordings, unless some tuners are out to lunch.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Nistrod

OK, this was resolved. It is weird, but some of my timers on the T4 did not have a channel associated with them. IceTV had a channel in all its entries, but the T4 did not. In particular, there was one at the same time as the shows giving the errors.

Editing the timers to add the correct channel gave lots of errors, but did the correct thing, and all the problems disappeared.

I did retune the T4 a few days ago, after an antenna move, so perhaps these were existing timers, whose channels moved somehow and disappeared - I don't know how the T4 identifies a channel internally.

All good. Thanks to all those who made suggestions.
BeyonWiz T3

prl

Quote from: Nistrod on June 09, 2020, 07:56:08 AM
I don't know how the T4 identifies a channel internally.

By a thing called a service reference. For DVB services, the important parts that identify a channel (and the only parts that are used by IceTV to indicate a channel) are the DVB ONID (Original Network IDentifier), TSID (Transport Stream IDentifier) and SID (Stream IDentifier). The full identification also includes the ID Namespace, but that's fixed for all terrestrial digital broadcast services.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing